Glenmorangie seeks shop after WCRS split
Glenmorangie, the single-malt whisky brand, is seeking a UK advertising agency to handle its £6 million account after parting company with WCRS.
The review is being handled directly by the brand.
WCRS picked up Glenmorangie’s business in 2010 – the agency’s biggest win of the year. However, they have parted company due to "differences in direction", according to WCRS.
Glenmorangie, which spends the bulk of its UK ad budget on press and outdoor campaigns, produced all of its above-the-line work in-house before appointing WCRS. The agency won the account after a competitive pitch.
Last year, WCRS created a global campaign for Glenmorangie using the strap-line: "Unnecessarily well made." The multimillion-pound campaign included illustrations of other things that are "well made", such as a rhino and a car.
Story UK, Glenmorangie’s below-the-line agency, is unaffected by the review.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Deputy Creative Director - Integrated/shopper agency The Industry Club London Ltd £75,000, London (Greater)
- CRM and Segmentation Manager JV Recruitment £45000 - £55000 per annum, Benefits: Car + Excellent Benefits + Bonus, West Yorkshire / Leeds, West Yorkshire
- Account Director - B2B Technology Marketing Agency - Home Counties - £45k - £55k - NP108 Stonor £45k - £55k, Berkshire / Buckinghamshire / Oxfordshire / Surrey
- Channel Marketing Manager Ninesharp £35000 - £40000 per annum + Benefits, Berkshire
- Senior Recruitment Consultant Ninesharp £21000 - £35000 per annum + Uncapped Commission - No Thresholds, Greater Manchester
- Virgin Holidays launches digital Caribbean push
- Bloomberg appoints Matt Teeman as commercial director EMEA
- Captain Morgan Facebook ad banned for suggesting alcohol conquers boredom
- Yahoo appoints Marc Bignell as head of trading for the EMEA region
- McCann picked to resurrect Homepride's Fred
- Samsung celebrates Prince George's birthday