Glenmorangie seeks shop after WCRS split
By Sara Kimberley, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 08 November 2012 08:00AM
Glenmorangie, the single-malt whisky brand, is seeking a UK advertising agency to handle its £6 million account after parting company with WCRS.
The review is being handled directly by the brand.
WCRS picked up Glenmorangie’s business in 2010 – the agency’s biggest win of the year. However, they have parted company due to "differences in direction", according to WCRS.
Glenmorangie, which spends the bulk of its UK ad budget on press and outdoor campaigns, produced all of its above-the-line work in-house before appointing WCRS. The agency won the account after a competitive pitch.
Last year, WCRS created a global campaign for Glenmorangie using the strap-line: "Unnecessarily well made." The multimillion-pound campaign included illustrations of other things that are "well made", such as a rhino and a car.
Story UK, Glenmorangie’s below-the-line agency, is unaffected by the review.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Assistant Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £28,000 per annum, South East England
- Brand & Packaging Manager Ball & Hoolahan £36,000 + c/a, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 per annum, South West England
- Category Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, South East England
- Digital Consultant Ball & Hoolahan £70,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Google's European leader says viewing habits are 'changing dramatically'
- Tesco media review pits Initiative against MediaCom and ZenithOptimedia
- Martin Sorrell talks Maurice Lévy, Tesco, and the global outlook
- Land Rover to move global ad account into Spark44
- Viacom to bring Breaking Bad to Freeview with Spike launch
- 'Advertisers are snake oil salesmen', says Peter Oborne