Glenmorangie seeks shop after WCRS split
By Sara Kimberley, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 08 November 2012 08:00AM
Glenmorangie, the single-malt whisky brand, is seeking a UK advertising agency to handle its £6 million account after parting company with WCRS.
The review is being handled directly by the brand.
WCRS picked up Glenmorangie’s business in 2010 – the agency’s biggest win of the year. However, they have parted company due to "differences in direction", according to WCRS.
Glenmorangie, which spends the bulk of its UK ad budget on press and outdoor campaigns, produced all of its above-the-line work in-house before appointing WCRS. The agency won the account after a competitive pitch.
Last year, WCRS created a global campaign for Glenmorangie using the strap-line: "Unnecessarily well made." The multimillion-pound campaign included illustrations of other things that are "well made", such as a rhino and a car.
Story UK, Glenmorangie’s below-the-line agency, is unaffected by the review.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Web Analyst Jet2.com Negotiable, Leeds
- Database Marketing Analyst Jet2.com Negotiable, Leeds
- Marketing and Communications Manager Tottenham UTC Competitive salary , North London, London, Tottenham, Haringey
- Senior Account Manager / Account Manager Adam Recruitment £25000 - £40000 per annum + Bonus, City of London
- Cinema4D/Motion Designer | Digital Agency | Herts | £30-35K Red Sofa London £30000 - £35000 per annum, Hertfordshire