campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 08 November 2012 08:00AM
The £10 million Carling pitch is on Friday (9 November). Beattie McGuinness Bungay, Creature London, McCann London, Saatchi & Saatchi and the incumbent, VCCP, are putting everything behind it.
Whoever manages to effectively emphasise the brand's Britishness will have a headstart. The process is being handled by ISBA.
B&Q has narrowed down the search for an agency to handle its £40 million ad account to just Karmarama or WCRS. BETC London and Dare have been knocked out of the running.
Avis Budget Group has shortlisted an eclectic bunch – DLKW Lowe, Joint, The Brooklyn Brothers and VCCP – to compete for its £15 million pan-European account. Pitches will be held in the first week of December. Reports suggest that the company may split the Avis and Budget brands between two agencies.
Giffgaff, which split with Albion last month, has shortlisted agencies including Creature, Fallon and The Brooklyn Brothers for its ad account. Briefs were issued this week.
Kingsmill’s owner, Associated British Foods, has whittled its media agency shortlist down from five to three, with Carat bowing out due to conflict and MediaCom no longer in the frame. This leaves Maxus, MPG Media Contacts and the incumbent, ZenithOptimedia, fighting it out for the planning and buying account. Presentations are scheduled for the second half of November, with a decision due in early December.
The pitch for Omega Pharma’s £50 million media account kicked off on Tuesday. It is understood that Aegis, Arena Media, Initiative, MEC and Zenith are all involved in the process. Total Media, which handles the UK account, will not pitch for the global business.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Digital Display Manager - Telecoms PFJ £30000.00 - £40000.00 per annum, London
- Account Director - Arts Clients PFJ £40000.00 - £45000.00 per annum, London
- AV Account Director (contract) PFJ £35000.00 - £43000.00 per annum, London
- Consumer Insight Manager Jarlett de Grouchy £32000 - £35000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits, London