Kimberly-Clark calls review of Andrex UK digital account
Andrex, the Kimberly-Clark toilet-tissue brand, has put its UK digital business up for review.
The brand has already approached agencies with an RFI as part of the statutory review process.
Andrex’s digital account, which includes social media, is currently held by WCRS. The agency has handled the business for the past four years and is expected to repitch for the account.
WCRS recently launched a digital campaign across Andrex’s Facebook page, increasing its "likes" from 300 to 300,000 in 18 months.
JWT London handles Andrex’s advertising account and is unaffected by the review. In September, it relaunched a real puppy mascot for the brand as part of a one-off £2 million campaign to celebrate Andrex’s 40th anniversary. The brand had not used real puppies in its advertising since 2010.
The activity focused on Andrex’s partnership with the charity Guide Dogs and sought to encourage consumers to help raise funds to train 40 guide dogs. Andrex used
its digital platform, Puppy Points, to help raise nearly £300,000 to cover the costs of training the dogs over a two-year period.
Consumers were able to donate by scanning a code on promotional Andrex packs with their smartphone or by buying guide-dog soft toys. The dogs’ progress could be tracked via Facebook.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Biddable Account Manager - Award Winning Agency Ultimate Asset Ã‚£35000 - Ã‚£40000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Media Account Executive - Ã‚£25K Ultimate Asset Ã‚£3000 - Ã‚£25000 per annum, City of London
- UX Sitecore Specialist Required | 1 Month Contract | Urgent Sta Salt Ã‚£300 - Ã‚£400 per day, Telford
- Senior Brand Manager Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment c£competitive package, Surrey
- Marketing Manager Stopgap Ã‚£40000 - Ã‚£48000 per annum, London