Kimberly-Clark calls review of Andrex UK digital account
Andrex, the Kimberly-Clark toilet-tissue brand, has put its UK digital business up for review.
The brand has already approached agencies with an RFI as part of the statutory review process.
Andrex’s digital account, which includes social media, is currently held by WCRS. The agency has handled the business for the past four years and is expected to repitch for the account.
WCRS recently launched a digital campaign across Andrex’s Facebook page, increasing its "likes" from 300 to 300,000 in 18 months.
JWT London handles Andrex’s advertising account and is unaffected by the review. In September, it relaunched a real puppy mascot for the brand as part of a one-off £2 million campaign to celebrate Andrex’s 40th anniversary. The brand had not used real puppies in its advertising since 2010.
The activity focused on Andrex’s partnership with the charity Guide Dogs and sought to encourage consumers to help raise funds to train 40 guide dogs. Andrex used
its digital platform, Puppy Points, to help raise nearly £300,000 to cover the costs of training the dogs over a two-year period.
Consumers were able to donate by scanning a code on promotional Andrex packs with their smartphone or by buying guide-dog soft toys. The dogs’ progress could be tracked via Facebook.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Exhibition Designers WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package dependant upon experience, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Producer WRG Live Competitve salary and benefits package dependent upon experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Content Manager WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Digital Media Consultant Silverdrum £25,000 - £35,000 depending on experience + uncapped commission, London (Greater)
- Account Director - B2B and IT David Thatcher Recruitment £45-55k, West London, M40 Corridor
- Macmillan defends hijacking ice bucket challenge
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- Game Of Thrones actress stars in online Karen Millen campaign
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Uncle Ben's launches YouTube cooking show