Lego calls creative review
By Anne Cassidy, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 08 November 2012 08:00AM
Lego is looking for an advertising agency to handle its UK brand campaign for 2013.
The children’s toy brand has been in direct contact with agencies to invite them to take part in a pitch, which is being run out of its headquarters in Denmark.
Lego has traditionally used agencies on a project-by-project basis.
In the past, Lego has worked with Rainey Kelly Campbell Roalfe/Y&R, which won the brand’s global advertising account in 2001, and McCann Erickson, which was appointed to handle its global strategy in 2000.
Lego’s most-recent advertising includes a 17-minute animated film that traces its origins back to a carpenter in 30s Denmark. The online video, created by Lani Pixels, was shared more than 27,000 times in seven days.
During this year’s Olympic Games, Lego released a Team GB-themed outdoor campaign. The work consisted of 35 executions, created by the agency Dazzleship, featuring Lego Team GB figures and a strapline wishing athletes good luck.
In April, the brand recruited the presenter Ben Fogle as the first celebrity face of its toy ranges in the UK for a social media campaign.
Fogle fronted "the great forest escape" online campaign for the brand’s Forest Police products, the latest sub-theme in the Lego City range.
Lego was involved in some controversy earlier this month because of a promotion it ran in The Sun. The brand was targeted by a group campaigning for The Sun to drop its Page 3 photos of topless models. The group produced a spoof image of a Lego Page 3 model.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- European Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 per annum, South East
- Marketing & Research Manager - $1.8b Global Publisher Recruitment Revolution Excellent Salary + Bonus Potential + Full Corporate Benefits Package, Chichester
- CRM Manager - Iconic London Brand Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £40K-£60K + Benefits Package, Central London
- Senior Marketing & New Business Manager Dynamic New Alliances £32000.00 - £45000.00 per annum + Benefits, City of London