London 2012 helps JCDecaux and CBS to double-digit revenue increases
London 2012 helped JCDecaux and CBS Outdoor to double-digit revenue increases in Q3 2012, while organic revenues at Clear Channel Outdoor's international division, which includes the UK, increased by 1%.
JCDecaux said its UK division experienced a "significant uplift" from the Olympic Games and posted "double-digit" growth year on year in the third quarter of 2012.
Global revenues at JCDecaux were €636.0m (£507.9m), an increase of 10.2% year on year and 2.7% on an organic basis, which the billboard giant said was "driven by the strength of the transport division, particularly in the UK, helped by the Olympics".
JCDecaux’s billboard division experienced a "significant uplift" from the Olympic Games and posted double-digit growth in the third quarter compared with single-digit revenue declines in France and the rest of Europe.
CBS Outdoor's ad revenue in Europe increased by 14% year on year in constant dollars, which it said was "primarily a result of higher advertising sales associated with the 2012 Summer Olympics in London".
Global revenues at CBS Outdoor were $486m (£304.2m) during the quarter, a reported increase of 2% and an increase of 5% on a constant dollar basis.
Clear Channel Outdoor's international business, which includes the UK, reported revenues of $396.1m (£247.6m) in the three months to 30 September, representing a reported decrease of 6% year on year.
However, when the effect of a $6m (£3.8m) revenue reduction due to the divestiture of two businesses during the quarter and the effect of movements in foreign exchange rates was taken into account, revenues increased by 1% year on year.
Clear Channel Outdoor said growth in high-street furniture revenues, particularly in Australia and China, and from the Summer Olympic Games in the UK, was partially offset by revenue declines from advertising weakness in certain European countries.
Last month. figures from trade body the Outdoor Media Centre said overall outdoor ad revenues rose by 25% year on year in the three months to 30 September.Follow @MaisieMcCabe
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Commercials Producer/Director Searchlight Recruitment An attractive salary is available to the successful candidate. , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- ASPIRING ACCOUNT EXECUTIVES, SKILLED ACCOUNT MANAGERS & ACCOMPL Live Recruitment Negotiable, London
- Planning Director, £100k - £120k (could be more). Leading top 10 ATL / Advertising Agency MODA consult £100k - £120k, possibly more for the right candidate, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Pimm's launches weather activated OOH campaign
- Managing director Paul Hayes to leave News UK after 15 years
- Tango returns to advertising after two years with off-brand TV ad
- Vizeum on alert as 21st Century Fox review includes £150m European media
- Why D&AD's first Black Pencil for Radio in 32 years is significant
- Procter & Gamble YouTube video banned