Elms and Weatherall take new roles at Future in ad team restructure
By Nick Batten, mediaweek.co.uk, Thursday, 08 November 2012 12:34PM
James Ranson, Future's new advertising sales director, has introduced his first major commercial strategy move, creating a new agency-focused team which will be headed up by Robert Elms, commercial chief.
Elms, who joined Future in 2008 from Starcom Mediavest, will head up a new six-strong agency-facing team which will focus on generating print and iPad revenues across key Future titles such as T3 and Total Film.
Elms takes up the role immediately. The changes have not resulted in any job losses across Future's 70-strong commercial unit, the company said.
But Future believes the Elm's new team will offer its more agility and help boost revenues in the long-term.
Elm's previous role of advertising director for Future's entertainment portfolio will be taken on by Nick Weatherall, who has been at Future for 12 years. Weatherall left Future in 2001 to join Rapp Media before returning in 2005.
Elms, who has also previously worked at Mediaedge and MediaCom, believes that his media agency experience could prove crucial to the role.
Elms said: "If I could design my perfect job at Future it would be my new role. Building on my agency experience and knowledge of Future’s portfolios, running a team that is focused entirely on accelerating Print and iPad revenues from media agencies is a very exciting prospect.
"The team we have put together has vast experience in dealing with media agencies, and I'm thrilled at the potential we have to drive growth from these areas."
Ranson replaced Malcolm Stoodley earlier this year after Stoodley left to take up the new role of UK sales director UK direct at CBS Outdoor.Follow @nickbatten2
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Business Director Direct Recruitment £80,000 + Bens, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Manager Direct Recruitment £28,000 - £32,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Director Direct Recruitment £45,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager Direct Recruitment £32,000 +, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Samsung calls global advertising and media review
- Watch the first YouTube clip, nine years on
- British Airways moves paid search account to Forward3D
- M&C Saatchi's Enyi Nwosu takes global role at Mindshare
- Post Office reviews advertising, DM and digital accounts
- Yahoo hosts exclusive X-Men: Days of Future Past films