First look: John Lewis's Christmas ad
By Sara Kimberley, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 09 November 2012 09:00AM
John Lewis is unveiling its highly-anticipated Christmas TV ad tonight on Channel 4.
'The Journey' by Adam & Eve/DDB launched initially online via John Lewis' Facebook page and will be aired on TV for the first time tonight during 'Derren Brown: Fear and Faith' on Channel 4.'
The 90-second heart-warming spot follows the romantic quest of a snowman who is looking for the perfect present for his snowwoman. The strapline reads, "Give a little more love this Christmas". The ad is set to a cover version of Frankie Goes to Hollywood's, 'The Power of Love', performed by Parlophone artist Gabrielle Aplin.
Dougal Wilson directed the ad through Blink Productions. He worked with creatives Frank Ginger and Shay Reading. The executive creative directors on the ad were Ben Priest, Ben Tollett and Emer Stamp.
James Murphy, chief executive of Adam & Eve/DDB, said: "John Lewis are staying true to what they have always been about, which is thoughtful gifting at Christmas."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Commercials Producer/Director Searchlight Recruitment An attractive salary is available to the successful candidate. , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Marketing Partnerships Manager - Mental Health Charity CHM Starting salary £20,894 (pro rata of £34,824) + London Weighting Allowance, Stratford, London
- Account Manager Mackenzie Carter £28,000 - £34,000, London (West), London (Greater)
- Designer Red Sofa London £26000 - £28000 per annum, City of London
- Lingerie brand provokes with raunchy optical illusion ads
- Paddy Power calls on Sepp Blatter to 'f**k off already'
- Instagram to roll out carousel ad platform
- Campaign Viral Chat: Pizza Hut spoof takes top spot
- Hostelworld launches skinny dipping ad during Game of Thrones
- People spend eight hours a day consuming media, reports ZenithOptimedia