First look: John Lewis's Christmas ad
By Sara Kimberley, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 09 November 2012 09:00AM
John Lewis is unveiling its highly-anticipated Christmas TV ad tonight on Channel 4.
'The Journey' by Adam & Eve/DDB launched initially online via John Lewis' Facebook page and will be aired on TV for the first time tonight during 'Derren Brown: Fear and Faith' on Channel 4.'
The 90-second heart-warming spot follows the romantic quest of a snowman who is looking for the perfect present for his snowwoman. The strapline reads, "Give a little more love this Christmas". The ad is set to a cover version of Frankie Goes to Hollywood's, 'The Power of Love', performed by Parlophone artist Gabrielle Aplin.
Dougal Wilson directed the ad through Blink Productions. He worked with creatives Frank Ginger and Shay Reading. The executive creative directors on the ad were Ben Priest, Ben Tollett and Emer Stamp.
James Murphy, chief executive of Adam & Eve/DDB, said: "John Lewis are staying true to what they have always been about, which is thoughtful gifting at Christmas."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Account Manager, Senior Account Manager, Account Director level! MORE Freelance at MODA consult!! MODA consult Amazing day rates! Some of the best in London. , London (Central), London (Greater)
- WEB DEVELOPER (HTML, CSS, PHP, Wordpress, jQuery) Creative Recruitment £23000 - £27000 per annum, City of London
- Account Director - Digital, leadership role, £55k + excellent benefits MODA consult Up to £55k + excellent benefits and career development, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Manager - Integrated Agency ADLIB up to £26k, Bristol
- Account Manager / Senior Account Manager - £30k to £35k, leading creative agency in Central London MODA consult £30k - £35k, plus benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Land Rover to move global ad account into Spark44
- Viacom to bring Breaking Bad to Freeview with Spike launch
- WPP's Martin Sorrell reconsiders strength of newspapers
- Group M retains £80m Lloyds media
- Gogglebox stars encourage viewers to vote
- Twitter hunts for UK marketer as it targets £180m ad revenues