BT Vision adds British Eurosport to the line-up
By Sarah Shearman, mediaweek.co.uk, Friday, 09 November 2012 09:10AM
BT has struck a deal with British Eurosport to add two of its channels to its TV service BT Vision.
The deal means BT Vision customers will be able to watch sports events including the French Open, Australian Open, Tour de France and World Snooker on the British Eurosport and British Eurosport 2 channels.
As well as offering the channels live, it will provide a catch-up service for the content.
The channel will go on air towards the end of November, and follows the launch of several other linear channels on BT Vision, including National Geographic, UKTV's Gold and FX.
Marc Watson, chief executive of BT Vision, said: "We're really pleased to be able to add them to our line-up following on from the Barclays Premier League broadcast rights that we have secured. We think BT Vision is becoming the top value-for-money TV choice for sports fans."
The deal bolsters BT's sports offering, ahead of the launch of a sports channel building on its live rights to the Premier League in the summer of next year.
In its recent financial results, BT revealed it had more than 750,000 customers on BT Vision.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Senior Account Director > ATL > TOP LONDON AGENCY collectivo £55,000 - £65,000, London
- planner > HUGE opportunity > BRAVE client collectivo Up to £60,000 + benefits, London (Greater)
- Foodie Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £45,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Project Manager (senior) Corporate Communications Recruitment circa £55k, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (West), London (Greater)
- Senior Digital Consultant Corporate Communications Recruitment £70-£80k base plus bonus and package, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (West), London (Greater)
- ZenithOptimedia loses £200m O2 business to Havas Media without a pitch
- Doctor Who online game gets kids coding
- Philips launches juicer video campaign with Louis Smith
- Currys PC World launches brand campaign ahead of Christmas
- Argos releases second ad in its latest strategy
- A JWT tribute to its Oxo mum: Lynda Bellingham