John Lewis and Waitrose rub shoulders in first shared store
The John Lewis Partnership has opened its first joint Waitrose and John Lewis offering as part of a £12m development in Ipswich.
The John Lewis At Home and Waitrose stores share an entrance and a customer café and sit side by side in order to allow shoppers to benefit from convenient access to product ranges in both shops.
Nigel Keen, property and development director at Waitrose, said the John Lewis Partnership was "looking forward to seeing the reaction of shoppers to our stores being alongside each other in this way for the first time".
Despite being sister brands, there is a degree of rivalry between John Lewis and Waitrose, as suggested by recent differences over their Christmas campaigns, although the brands are increasingly working together to complement each other's offerings.
Last year, John Lewis launched a virtual store by trialling a QR code window display in Waitrose.
John Lewis At Home Ipswich features 43,000 sq ft of selling space over two floors, including computer terminals to allow shoppers to browse the wider John Lewis range.
Waitrose Ipswich extends over 27,000 sq ft and includes bakery, meat, fish, cheese and deli counters, and ranges such as essential Waitrose, Heston from Waitrose and Duchy Originals from Waitrose.Follow @mattchapmanuk
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Waitrose to stream live cooking show online
- John Lewis Partnership creates customer insight director role
- John Lewis technology sales surge 29%
- John Lewis spot sends snowman on romantic quest
- John Lewis smarts at 'implied criticism' in Waitrose charity ad
- Waitrose's 'unglamorous' and unpaid Christmas ad to free up £1m for charity
- Managing Director - Equity potential DU Group £120,000 - £150,000, South Oxfordshire
- Junior Digital Project Manager - Big Brand ADLIB GBP20000 - GBP25000 per annum, Wiltshire
- SENIOR ACCOUNT MANAGER - Shopper Marketing - 5 month CONTRACT- £180-200 day rate - Central London Judi Patton going day rate, London
- Senior Account Manager: c£40k Excellent Digital and Integrated Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd c£40k , Surrey: Close to Guildford
- SENIOR ACCOUNT MANAGER| Independent agency | Consumer Technology | £32-40k Judi Patton £32-40k - depending on experience, London
- Blippar connects disjointed families, says MEC executive
- Fans take on Jo-Wilfried Tsonga in Twitter-powered tennis game
- Campaign Viral Chart: Samsung scores hat-trick in tech-heavy chart
- Jaguar readies global campaign for F-Type launch
- ITV and Channel 4 insist they will beat declining ad market
- EE adds Dare to agency roster to develop digital
A demographic portrait of Twitter, Tumblr, Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook users
A useful study here from the ‘Pew Research Center’ taking a look at the demographic make-up of US social media users across Twitter, Tumblr, Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook. No data on LinkedIn of Google+, but great stats all the same.