Power 100 Next Generation: Radhika Vyas, country IKEA FAMILY manager, IKEA
Marketing, in association with Engine, profiles 30 of the brightest and best young marketers in the UK today.
Inspiration: ‘I have learned a lot from Martin Harnsson [IKEA Group’s regional retail manager, Asia Pacific]. He’s helped me realise that age is not a barrier, being young should be used to your advantage, and that it is very possible to be young and successful.’
CV standout: Her ‘T’ shape. An expert in her specialist area of direct communication, she also has a wide understanding of the entire discipline and business in general, making her a natural lead on integrated campaigns. ‘It’s hard, but the extra work pays off,' she says.
Work highlight: Relaunching the ‘Welcome’ communications and the ‘Sleep like a Princess’ campaign.
Describes herself as: ‘Creative, collaborative, fun.’
On marketing today: ‘Consumers are no longer fooled by gimmicky marketing. You can’t make a message believable by simply throwing money at mass marketing and shouting loudly.’
What the agency says: ‘She has to work with large numbers of internal and external stakeholders and takes this complexity in her stride.’
Background: studied marketing and management before landing an internship in IKEA’s PR department.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Account Executive and Senior Account Executive air recruitment Up to £24k - dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Associate Director - Brand Strategy & Innovation Agency Ann Sharman Recruitment £70,000 - £80,000 plus bonus + bens, London (South), London (Greater)
- Creative Strategist - Amsterdam - brand identity, retail and consumer packaging - up to £85k Story Recruitment £65-85k plus benefits dependent on experience, Amsterdam