Power 100 Next Generation: Radhika Vyas, country IKEA FAMILY manager, IKEA
Marketing, in association with Engine, profiles 30 of the brightest and best young marketers in the UK today.
Inspiration: ‘I have learned a lot from Martin Harnsson [IKEA Group’s regional retail manager, Asia Pacific]. He’s helped me realise that age is not a barrier, being young should be used to your advantage, and that it is very possible to be young and successful.’
CV standout: Her ‘T’ shape. An expert in her specialist area of direct communication, she also has a wide understanding of the entire discipline and business in general, making her a natural lead on integrated campaigns. ‘It’s hard, but the extra work pays off,' she says.
Work highlight: Relaunching the ‘Welcome’ communications and the ‘Sleep like a Princess’ campaign.
Describes herself as: ‘Creative, collaborative, fun.’
On marketing today: ‘Consumers are no longer fooled by gimmicky marketing. You can’t make a message believable by simply throwing money at mass marketing and shouting loudly.’
What the agency says: ‘She has to work with large numbers of internal and external stakeholders and takes this complexity in her stride.’
Background: studied marketing and management before landing an internship in IKEA’s PR department.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- PR & Communications Manager Stopgap £200 - £250 per day + 6 month contract, West London
- eCRM Manager - Ecommerce Spots Brand - London Propel £50000 - £60000 per annum + Bonus and Benefits, City of London
- Channel 4 to drop 4oD for digital service All 4
- Guardian launches three-tier membership scheme
- FT to reveal first design overhaul in seven years
- David Hasselhoff to join Sorrell, Naughton and Shing at IAB Engage 2014
- Sky boosts Sky AdSmart's targeting capabilities for advertisers
- Youth are deserting TV, says Claire Enders