Golley Slater London hires creative heads
By Nick Batten, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 12 November 2012 12:10PM
Golley Slater London has appointed Brian Storey and Xanthos Christodoulou to head its creative department after the merger of Wand, the pair's independent shop, into the agency.
Storey and Christodoulou launched Wand in 2005 after leaving their jobs as creative directors at Joshua. Ian Winton, currently the head of Golley Slater London, was also a founding partner of Wand.
Golley Slater London's previous creative heads Jason Fletcher, Marcus Isles and Jason Bolton left the agency as long as a year ago, according to a Golley Slater spokesman.
Wand’s clients include Ladbrokes, Peugeot, Childreach International and JP Morgan. They are being offered access to Golley Slater’s "broader range of integrated services" including digital, planning, PR, DM and experiential.
Golley Slater has not paid anything for Wand, according to the agency spokesman.
Christodoulou said: "It’s great to be working again with Ian, reuniting the creative team which led to Wand’s success. It makes complete commercial sense too, as we love working together and the cultural fit means that clients will benefit immediately."
Chris Lovell, group chief executive of Golley Slater, said: "This further enhances our agency offering through combining the award winning creative work of Wand with the rich history and client success of Golley Slater. The timing is right for both agencies as we’re both growing and there are some excellent client opportunities out there currently."Follow @nickbatten2
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Project Manager Barclay Meade £400 - £500 per day, City of London
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £35,000 + bens, London
- Junior Creative Artworker Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £18000 - £24000 per annum, Berkshire
- Senior Social Analyst for a Great Agency Lipton Fleming £55000.00 per annum + Flexible depending on experience, London
- VCCP, MediaCom, Lida and SapientNitro among Campaign's Agencies of 2013
- Ogilvy poaches McDonald's creative director for Unilever role
- More evidence of strong TV spend in second half of 2013
- New year's resolution: learn to code in 2014
- Evian tops YouTube 2013 ad leaderboard
- Watch: The Economist's interactive Nelson Mandela film