Sainsbury's first post-Jamie Christmas ad to focus on small moments
Sainsbury's is running a research-led campaign focusing on the small moments that make Christmas, in its first festive ad since brand ambassador Jamie Oliver parted ways with the brand.
The supermarket has carried out research to uncover the small events fundamental to a successful Christmas for its campaign, which will be made up of 14 different TV spots.
Creative marks a shift in strategy from last year's festive activity that showed Jamie Oliver making a feast in a theatre for a crowd of famous characters from pantomime.
Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO created the campaign that will feature moments including opening a box of chocolates to celebrate a successful shopping trip, and the moment it is realised the fridge is not big enough for all the food.
Television activity launches tomorrow (13 November) during 'Emmerdale' on ITV, with the first three executions due to run back-to-back.
The remaining 11 films will be spread out in the weeks leading up to New Year's Eve.
All 14 'Christmas Days' ads will be set to the 'Through Frozen Forests' track by Aaron Espe.
Sainsbury's is also running its first interactive outdoor campaign, which will be based around the moment the Christmas tree lights are checked to see if they will last another year.
The public will be invited to "test" the poster’s lights by pushing a switch next to a giant plug and socket.
PHD has handled the media planning and buying.
The launch of the Christmas campaign comes the week after Marketing revealed Sainsbury's is restructuring its marketing team in order to create a more efficient department.Follow @mattchapmanuk
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Head of Strategy Twist Recruitment £125000.00 - £140000.00 per annum + Great BIG Agency Benefits... , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Communications Boardman Competitive + Excellent Benefits, Worcestershire / Bromsgrove, Worcestershire
- Marketing Executive Brand Recruitment negotiable, Leicestershire
- Account Director Role x 2, Social Media AD and a Digital AD role, entertainment brand, £55k salary MODA consult up to £55k + excellent benefits , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Campaign/ Account Manager - Fully Integrated Source £25000 - £32000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Tim Hipperson to become interim CEO of Weve
- Spotify parts ways with European leader Chris Maples
- Campaign Viral Chart: New Yorkers nod to Derek Jeter
- Senior adland figures launch star-studded campaign against Scottish independence
- Channel 4 and Magnum Mini partner for 'sweet' 9pm film sponsorship
- O2 dog turns hip hop for Big Bundles