Sainsbury's first post-Jamie Christmas ad to focus on small moments
Sainsbury's is running a research-led campaign focusing on the small moments that make Christmas, in its first festive ad since brand ambassador Jamie Oliver parted ways with the brand.
The supermarket has carried out research to uncover the small events fundamental to a successful Christmas for its campaign, which will be made up of 14 different TV spots.
Creative marks a shift in strategy from last year's festive activity that showed Jamie Oliver making a feast in a theatre for a crowd of famous characters from pantomime.
Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO created the campaign that will feature moments including opening a box of chocolates to celebrate a successful shopping trip, and the moment it is realised the fridge is not big enough for all the food.
Television activity launches tomorrow (13 November) during 'Emmerdale' on ITV, with the first three executions due to run back-to-back.
The remaining 11 films will be spread out in the weeks leading up to New Year's Eve.
All 14 'Christmas Days' ads will be set to the 'Through Frozen Forests' track by Aaron Espe.
Sainsbury's is also running its first interactive outdoor campaign, which will be based around the moment the Christmas tree lights are checked to see if they will last another year.
The public will be invited to "test" the poster’s lights by pushing a switch next to a giant plug and socket.
PHD has handled the media planning and buying.
The launch of the Christmas campaign comes the week after Marketing revealed Sainsbury's is restructuring its marketing team in order to create a more efficient department.Follow @mattchapmanuk
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Recruitment Consultant Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 - £35000 per annum, Stratfordupon Avon
- Senior Account Manager Gemini Search £32000 - £36000 per annum, London
- Freelance Creative Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £150 - £350 per annum, London
- Senior Interior Designer Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £40000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Presentation Designer Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £30000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Adam & Eve/DDB wins 2014 IPA Effectiveness Awards Grand Prix
- Enjoyed getting an hour back on Sunday? You'll get years back if you stop smoking, says charity
- Tiffany & Co hires MEC for $100m global media
- Mattessons Fridge Raiders campaign delivers AI robot to YouTube gamer
- HSBC launches Anyone's Game golf campaign
- Facebook and Airbnb sign up to D&AD New Blood