Sainsbury's first post-Jamie Christmas ad to focus on small moments
Sainsbury's is running a research-led campaign focusing on the small moments that make Christmas, in its first festive ad since brand ambassador Jamie Oliver parted ways with the brand.
The supermarket has carried out research to uncover the small events fundamental to a successful Christmas for its campaign, which will be made up of 14 different TV spots.
Creative marks a shift in strategy from last year's festive activity that showed Jamie Oliver making a feast in a theatre for a crowd of famous characters from pantomime.
Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO created the campaign that will feature moments including opening a box of chocolates to celebrate a successful shopping trip, and the moment it is realised the fridge is not big enough for all the food.
Television activity launches tomorrow (13 November) during 'Emmerdale' on ITV, with the first three executions due to run back-to-back.
The remaining 11 films will be spread out in the weeks leading up to New Year's Eve.
All 14 'Christmas Days' ads will be set to the 'Through Frozen Forests' track by Aaron Espe.
Sainsbury's is also running its first interactive outdoor campaign, which will be based around the moment the Christmas tree lights are checked to see if they will last another year.
The public will be invited to "test" the poster’s lights by pushing a switch next to a giant plug and socket.
PHD has handled the media planning and buying.
The launch of the Christmas campaign comes the week after Marketing revealed Sainsbury's is restructuring its marketing team in order to create a more efficient department.Follow @mattchapmanuk
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Agency Account Executive - truly exciting multi-solution sell Ultimate Asset £35000 - £40000 per annum + Bonus + great benefits, West End
- Agency Group Head - exciting real-time social platform! Ultimate Asset £60000 - £70000 per annum + bonus, West End
- HEAD OF PROJECTS - DIGITAL AGENCY Live Recruitment Negotiable, City of London
- Ecommerce Content Manager - Travel brand - £40K + bonus Salt £38000 - £42000 per annum, London
- SEO/Social Media Executive Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £23-28k + Benefits, Manchester
- Will.i.am clashes with Martin Sorrell over online ads in Cannes
- Twitter to embrace power of TV in UK ad campaign
- Martin Sorrell on the mega-media reviews: 'We can't remember anything like this'
- Black horse returns in new Lloyds Bank campaign
- Aston Martin appoints WPP to global marketing account
- Geometry Dubai hands over Cannes Grand Prix amid controversy