Kimberly-Clark launches cold and flu season campaign for Kleenex range
By Nick Batten, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Wednesday, 14 November 2012 03:48PM
Kimberly-Clark, the American personal care corporation, has rolled out an integrated marketing campaign in support of Kleenex Balsam that encourages families to "give a little extra care" this winter.
The creative, developed by JWT, encourages tissue users to switch to the Balsam range, by highlighting the "grating, sandpaper-like effect" that constant nose-blowing can have on the skin, while simultaneously educating consumers about the soothing benefits of the tissues.
The campaign – which was bought by WPP agency Mindshare – has launched with a 30-second TV ad and will continue through to February 2013. The ads are supported by both digital and mobile ATL elements.
According to Kimberly-Clark, a bespoke partnership with NetDoctor has created a campaign hub that contains both educational and product information – Kleenex is also featured throughout the new iPhone game 'Sneezeman'.
In addition, Mindshare has developed a Kleenex Planning Tool, using NHS, sales and Google search data, to forecast cold and flu levels around the UK, allowing tactical buying across regional radio stations, proximity mobile, TV spot and digital display.
The tool will also inform PR activity delivered by MHP Communications, with media relations tactically targeting the local press in areas with high levels of cold and flu. Health journalists across media channels will be targeted with product PR.
Experiential activity, managed by Sense, involves visiting 132 multiple grocers and 15 city centre locations nationwide to educate consumers about the benefits of Kleenex Balsam through product trials.
Kimberly-Clark claims the whole campaign will be underpinned by social media activity run by We Are Social.
A bespoke gaming app will comprise four stages, with each stage echoing the creative and encouraging tissues users to switch to Kleenex Balsam. Fans on Facebook and followers on Twitter will also be rewarded with cold and flu care kit throughout the winter months.
Zuzana Bustikova, senior brand manager for Kleenex marketing, said: "With the increased number of cold and flu cases during the winter months, we want to ensure that families are using the right tissues.
"Through our campaign, we are not only aiming to educate them on the soothing benefits of the Balsam range, but also encouraging them to switch to the range in order to protect their noses from becoming sore and red. Through our investment in the category this winter, we hope to grow the added benefit segment, driving incremental value for retailers."
Introduced to the market more than 15 years ago, Kleenex Balsam, has a layer of calendula balm to help soothe the nose.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Exhibition Designers WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package dependant upon experience, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Producer WRG Live Competitve salary and benefits package dependent upon experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Content Manager WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Digital Insight and Analytics Consultant Direct Recruitment £70,000 - £80,000,
- Martin Sorrell earns 780 times more than average WPP employee
- 3 top tips on how to save an epic social media fail
- Lake Capital rejects demands of Engine's rebel shareholders
- Head lice-killing mousse launches in the UK with cartoon campaign
- Facebook's 'Buy' button: a leap too far?
- Beiersdorf postpones review after MAA criticisms of procedure