Tesco poaches Coca-Cola interactive chief
By John Reynolds, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Tuesday, 13 November 2012 08:00AM
Tesco has appointed Coca-Cola's interactive manager, Jude Brooks, to head its social-media operations.
Brooks will join the retailer as senior marketing manager for social media in the New Year. She will oversee a team of about 10 specialists looking after Tesco's Facebook, Twitter and YouTube social channels, and report to digital and social director Tom Daniell.
Brooks' appointment comes as Tesco looks to increase its investment in social media. It recently relaunched its YouTube channel, working with digital agency Zone to simplify its presence on the video site.
At Coca-Cola, Brooks has led activity across the brand portfolio, including a King of the Park social game for Fanta and a digital campaign for Relentless Energy. She previously held senior marketing roles at Bauer Consumer Media.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior Account Exec/Account Manager - Integrated (6 months+) Stopgap £22000 - £25000 per annum, London
- Digital Account Manager The Little Black Book Agency £23000 - £26000 per annum, Manchester
- Head of Brand Strategy for Global Brand Consultancy Elizabeth Norman International £90000 - £120000 per annum + Bonus, City of London
- FMCG Client side Research and Insight Manager Elizabeth Norman International £40000 per annum + Generous bonus and benefits, West London
- Digital Project Manager (Liverpool) The Little Black Book Agency £30000 - £36000 per annum + Benefits, Liverpool
- Anti-slavery charity creates '12 Years a Slave' tactical ad after Oscar win
- Cobra introduces bra-making brewer 'The Boss'
- Majority of 15m Twitter users in the UK follow a newspaper
- Hooch appoints More and MJ Media for Keith Lemon campaign
- Birds Eye kicks off £60m pan-Euro campaign
- Will content kill traditional ad models?