Paddy Power reveals '£1m bet' gameshow to promote casino app
Paddy Power is rolling out a game-show-style campaign for its new, unbranded mobile app, Roller Casino.
The bookmaker will invite consumers to take part in a ‘£1m bet’. Entrants could win up to £1m on a single spin of a roulette wheel.
The four-week campaign, which goes live this week (15 November), will be fronted by George Lamb, the host of Channel 4 game show The Bank Job. The push includes social-media activity, with
the final £1m spin broadcast live on Facebook. To enter, Facebook users must find at least 35 ‘hidden symbols’, in a high-definition ‘zoom-and-search’ image.
Once that stage is complete, the person who provides the ‘most entertaining reason’ why they should place the bet will make the final.
Ian MacLeod, special projects senior marketing manager at Paddy Power, said the decision to focus on PR and social media is ‘in keeping with the Roller brand’s positioning as a pioneering brand’.Follow @alex_brownsell
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior Account Manager AF Selection £30000 - £32000 per annum, Manchester
- Classified Sales Executive - top household magazine! Ultimate Asset £20000 - £22000 per annum + Bonus + great benefits, Hammersmith and Fulham
- Account Director Stopgap £43000 - £46000 per annum, London
- Marketing Executive Ball & Hoolahan £23,000 p.a., South East England
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 p.a., London (Greater)
- Will.i.am clashes with Martin Sorrell over online ads in Cannes
- Twitter to embrace power of TV in UK ad campaign
- Martin Sorrell on the mega-media reviews: 'We can't remember anything like this'
- Black horse returns in new Lloyds Bank campaign
- Aston Martin appoints WPP to global marketing account
- Geometry Dubai hands over Cannes Grand Prix amid controversy