Paddy Power reveals '£1m bet' gameshow to promote casino app
Paddy Power is rolling out a game-show-style campaign for its new, unbranded mobile app, Roller Casino.
The bookmaker will invite consumers to take part in a ‘£1m bet’. Entrants could win up to £1m on a single spin of a roulette wheel.
The four-week campaign, which goes live this week (15 November), will be fronted by George Lamb, the host of Channel 4 game show The Bank Job. The push includes social-media activity, with
the final £1m spin broadcast live on Facebook. To enter, Facebook users must find at least 35 ‘hidden symbols’, in a high-definition ‘zoom-and-search’ image.
Once that stage is complete, the person who provides the ‘most entertaining reason’ why they should place the bet will make the final.
Ian MacLeod, special projects senior marketing manager at Paddy Power, said the decision to focus on PR and social media is ‘in keeping with the Roller brand’s positioning as a pioneering brand’.Follow @alex_brownsell
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Marketing Manager Stopgap £45000 - £60000 per annum, ShÃ nghÇŽi
- Global Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £65,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £38,000 per annum + Car/Car Allowance, London (Central), London (Greater), South East
- Junior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £35,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
Agency: Wieden & Kennedy New York
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- McDonald's launches 40th anniversary campaign
- TalkTalk to launch user-generated X Factor idents
- Watch Harvey Keitel's Wolf bark again in new Direct Line ads
- Celebrity Cruises opts for Goodstuff