Paddy Power reveals '£1m bet' gameshow to promote casino app
Paddy Power is rolling out a game-show-style campaign for its new, unbranded mobile app, Roller Casino.
The bookmaker will invite consumers to take part in a ‘£1m bet’. Entrants could win up to £1m on a single spin of a roulette wheel.
The four-week campaign, which goes live this week (15 November), will be fronted by George Lamb, the host of Channel 4 game show The Bank Job. The push includes social-media activity, with
the final £1m spin broadcast live on Facebook. To enter, Facebook users must find at least 35 ‘hidden symbols’, in a high-definition ‘zoom-and-search’ image.
Once that stage is complete, the person who provides the ‘most entertaining reason’ why they should place the bet will make the final.
Ian MacLeod, special projects senior marketing manager at Paddy Power, said the decision to focus on PR and social media is ‘in keeping with the Roller brand’s positioning as a pioneering brand’.Follow @alex_brownsell
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Digital Marketing Executive Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum, Peterborough
- Technical SEO Account Manager - Leading Mid-size Agency Ultimate Asset £30000 - £38000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Brand Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £35000 - £50000 per annum, Ipswich
- Marketing Services Manager, Leisure Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £40000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Group M wins Vodafone's £600m media account
- Google becomes major UK advertiser after boosting spend by 50% in 2013
- Campaign Viral Chart: Evian's Spider-Man tops chart in week of movie premiere
- Tait replaces Papworth as W&K's ECD
- M&S moves £60m media account to Mindshare
- MEC boss Courtier hails £600m Vodafone media win as 'life changing'