Paddy Power reveals '£1m bet' gameshow to promote casino app
Paddy Power is rolling out a game-show-style campaign for its new, unbranded mobile app, Roller Casino.
The bookmaker will invite consumers to take part in a ‘£1m bet’. Entrants could win up to £1m on a single spin of a roulette wheel.
The four-week campaign, which goes live this week (15 November), will be fronted by George Lamb, the host of Channel 4 game show The Bank Job. The push includes social-media activity, with
the final £1m spin broadcast live on Facebook. To enter, Facebook users must find at least 35 ‘hidden symbols’, in a high-definition ‘zoom-and-search’ image.
Once that stage is complete, the person who provides the ‘most entertaining reason’ why they should place the bet will make the final.
Ian MacLeod, special projects senior marketing manager at Paddy Power, said the decision to focus on PR and social media is ‘in keeping with the Roller brand’s positioning as a pioneering brand’.Follow @alex_brownsell
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior Account Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £30,000 - £35,000, Central London
- Traffic Assistant - 3 month FTC Creative Recruitment £18000 - £20000 per annum + pro rata, London
- International Digital Sales Executive - Flexible backgrounds! Ultimate Asset £20000 - £45000 per annum + Excellent Benefits, London
- Commercial Analyst - Berkshire Jarlett de Grouchy £20000.00 - £28000.00 per annum, Berkshire
- Global Market Insight Manager Jarlett de Grouchy Negotiable, London
- Land Rover to move global ad account into Spark44
- Martin Sorrell talks Maurice Lévy, Tesco, and the global outlook
- Viacom to bring Breaking Bad to Freeview with Spike launch
- WPP's Martin Sorrell reconsiders strength of newspapers
- Group M retains £80m Lloyds media
- Gogglebox stars encourage viewers to vote