Holly Willoughby and James Corden push Microsoft phone
By Matthew Chapman, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 13 November 2012 09:50AM
Holly Willoughby and James Corden talk about how they use their Windows-equipped phones in two Microsoft ads that introduce the strapline, "The smartphone reinvented around you".
Creative from the "James grown-up" spot featuring 'Gavin and Stacey' star Corden shows him using a Windows Phone in a café and saying he got the phone because he is a "proper grown-up", before getting distracted by the Xbox app on the phone.
The spot featuring 'This Morning' presenter Willoughby focuses on her family life and how her kids can play on a ‘Slurping Frogs app’ while she cooks for them.
Crispin Porter + Bogusky’s London office created the UK ads, which both end with the TV stars stating "That's me – this is my Windows Phone".
The two executions are being supported by a wider "manifesto" ad that is running globally and has been adapted for each market, with the UK adaptation featuring a cameo from Willoughby in her capacity as a working mother.
Windows Phone’s manifesto ad is pushing a "We are not for everyone, we are for the individual" message, to drive awareness of the ability to personalise the tile-based system used in the Windows Phone operating system.
The TV campaign is being supported by social media activity on Facebook and Twitter, which is being handled by Wunderman.
Willoughby has tweeted about the campaign from her personal Twitter account, where she has three million followers, in order to drive people to the Facebook page to watch the ad.
One Twitter wag said "I wonder if her and Schofie used it [Windows Phone] for their world-class investigative journalism research" in reference to 'This Morning' co-presenter Philip Schofield showing David Cameron on live TV a list of alleged paedophiles he had found on the web.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Marketing Executive or Marketing Manager air recruitment £28k-£35k dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- B2B Lead Generation Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £20000 - £40000 per annum + Uncapped Commission, London
- Out of Home Sales - Huge digital potential! Ultimate Asset £20000 - £75000 per annum + Excellent Commission Potential, London
- Planning Manager - Unique Opportunity! Ultimate Asset £30000 - £45000 per annum + Bonus and Benefits, London
- Comms Manager - Top 5 global media agency - GAMING ACCOUNT Ultimate Asset £4000 - £35000 per annum, City of London
- Black horse returns in new Lloyds Bank campaign
- The man who made Grey matter
- Watch: Every Grand Prix winner from Cannes Lions 2015
- 'You're thirsty. We've got sales targets', says Oasis in summer campaign launch
- Heineken selects Publicis Worldwide to be lead global creative agency
- Yorkshire Tea launches £5 million campaign