Sainsbury's presents 'being good for Santa' day
By Nick Batten, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 13 November 2012 09:40AM
Sainsbury's has unveiled its Christmas campaign, which includes a 20-second spot about a young boy who surprises his parents by clearing the dinner table, as part of the retailer's festive activity that features 14 different ads, which air from tonight.
The first three ads will run back-to-back. The remaining 11 films will be rolled out in the weeks leading up to New Year’s Eve. According to Sainsbury’s, different ads will show on different days, ensuring that viewers are treated to a "new execution as often as possible".
The 14 ‘Christmas Days’ adverts, which were created by Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO, are set to the track ‘Through Frozen Forests’ by Aaron Espe. The song will be used across all Sainsbury’s above the line advertising, appearing as a common thread throughout the campaign.
The ads were produced by production company Smuggler and the media space was planned and bought by PHD. The creatives were Phil Martin and Mike Hannett and it will run across TV, YouTube and the national press.
Sarah Warby, marketing director for Sainsbury’s, said: "Christmas is a really special time for our customers and colleagues and we know that it’s not just one day that makes Christmas special, but a series of moments that are celebrated throughout the holiday season.
"With this knowledge we can ensure all the different festive moments that make Christmas special for our customers and colleagues are catered for; be that wanting to impress your neighbours with extra special nibbles or having a sneaky chocolate truffle on the sofa after a hard days shopping."Follow @nickbatten2
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Agency Sales Manager - soft-sell, premium inventory, top site! Ultimate Asset £40000 - £50000 per annum + bonus, West End
- Insights Project Manager Ball & Hoolahan £30,000 p.a, London (Greater)
- Senior Account Director Twist Recruitment £60000 - £65000 per annum, City of London
- Audience Development Director - SEO, Social & Content - CLIENT Ultimate Asset £75000 per annum + bens, Hammersmith and Fulham
- Planner - Charity / DM - Award-winning London agency - to £35k Fill Recruitment £35k plus superb benefits and bonus opportunity!, London (Greater)
- WPP, Daily Mail and SnapChat launch content agency Truffle Pig
- Will.i.am clashes with Martin Sorrell over online ads in Cannes
- UK agencies win 7 Media Lions
- Twitter to embrace power of TV in UK ad campaign
- Martin Sorrell on the mega-media reviews: 'We can't remember anything like this'
- Aston Martin appoints WPP to global marketing account