Sainsbury's presents 'being good for Santa' day
By Nick Batten, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 13 November 2012 09:40AM
Sainsbury's has unveiled its Christmas campaign, which includes a 20-second spot about a young boy who surprises his parents by clearing the dinner table, as part of the retailer's festive activity that features 14 different ads, which air from tonight.
The first three ads will run back-to-back. The remaining 11 films will be rolled out in the weeks leading up to New Year’s Eve. According to Sainsbury’s, different ads will show on different days, ensuring that viewers are treated to a "new execution as often as possible".
The 14 ‘Christmas Days’ adverts, which were created by Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO, are set to the track ‘Through Frozen Forests’ by Aaron Espe. The song will be used across all Sainsbury’s above the line advertising, appearing as a common thread throughout the campaign.
The ads were produced by production company Smuggler and the media space was planned and bought by PHD. The creatives were Phil Martin and Mike Hannett and it will run across TV, YouTube and the national press.
Sarah Warby, marketing director for Sainsbury’s, said: "Christmas is a really special time for our customers and colleagues and we know that it’s not just one day that makes Christmas special, but a series of moments that are celebrated throughout the holiday season.
"With this knowledge we can ensure all the different festive moments that make Christmas special for our customers and colleagues are catered for; be that wanting to impress your neighbours with extra special nibbles or having a sneaky chocolate truffle on the sofa after a hard days shopping."Follow @nickbatten2
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Strategist, Top London Integrated Agency Direct Recruitment £80,000, London (Greater)
- Freelance Account Director Dynamic New Alliances Ã‚£230 - Ã‚£250 per day, City of London
- MidWeight Digital Designer - Agency Nakama £25,000 - £35000 + benefits, London (Greater)
- Account executive - branding and design agency, Ã‚£22k Gabriele Skelton £18000 - £22000 per annum, City of London
- Creative Director - Digital Global Agency Nakama £80,000 - £100,000 + Benefits, London (Greater)
- 7Up kicks off global campaign with urban knitting ad
- Sainsbury's calls £60 million media review
- Brands use social media to congratulate F1 champion Lewis Hamilton
- VisitBritain crowdsources digital marketing campaign
- Zurich launches snowmen cinema campaign across Europe
- Cheil Worldwide buys Iris stake