Toblerone appoints Mcgarrybowen to global ad account
By Sara Kimberley, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 13 November 2012 10:12AM
Toblerone has appointed Mcgarrybowen London to handle its global advertising business.
The agency won the account following a two-way pitch again Wieden & Kennedy Amsterdam. Ogilvy & Mather was the incumbent on the account, but did not repitch.
The chocolate brand, which is now owned by Mondelez, a new snacks business separated from Kraft Foods last month, began approaching agencies directly in September.
Most-recent major TV work for Toblerone, created by Ogilvy & Mather in March 2011, showed a woman devising new and interesting ways to eat a bar by breaking up its triangular segments.
The campaign included a website that asked: "What makes your Toblerone, Toblerone?" People could then upload videos and participate in monthly challenges.
It is the second win for Mcgarrybowen since it changed its name from Dentsu London earlier this year. In July, the agency picked up the £25 million Honda pan-European account.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Account Manager, FMCG, Richmond Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £35000 - £48000 per annum, Benefits: +Fantastic benefits, Richmond upon Thames
- Online Analytics Manager, Telecoms, Slough Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £65000 per annum, Benefits: +Fantastic benefits, Slough
- Digital Strategist - iconic luxury brand - £55K-£65K Bamboo Crowd £55K-£65K, London (Greater)
- Social & Digital Director - iconic luxury brand - £50K-£55K Bamboo Crowd £50K-£55K, London (Greater)
- Web Designer | Junior / Midweight Nu Creative Talent Negotiable, London