B&Q unveils 'make it perfect' Christmas activity
By Matthew Chapman, campaignlive.co.uk, Wednesday, 14 November 2012 12:01AM
B&Q rolls out its Christmas ad today, which encourages customers to make their homes "perfect" for the festive season.
The "make it perfect" TV spot by McCann Erickson was directed by Christian Bevilacqua and launches nationwide today. It features a mum and dad putting the finishing touches to their Christmas decorating.
The couple’s young daughter helps out by making a decorative snowman, which fails to live up to the parent’s "aesthetic standards".
Ruth Harrison-Wood, head of advertising at B&Q, said: "Christmas is often a stressful time and with too much going on, people can often forget what it’s really about.
"This advert is all about the feel good factor, that family scene that we are all familiar with and the satisfaction we all get from making improvements to our homes and the lives of our families."
The festive spot is set to the track of ‘Our House’ by Crosby Stills & Nash, which has been running throughout its campaigns this year. The song has been given a "festive twist" by 25-year-old Hampshire-based singer Hazel Tratt.
Television activity will be mirrored by press, digital and in-store activity. Media planning and buying has been handled by MEC. The creative does not use the brand’s "I did that" message that it introduced in March, but a spokeswoman claimed it has not been dropped and will return in the New Year.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Marketing Manager Stopgap £45000 - £60000 per annum, ShÃ nghÇŽi
- Global Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £65,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Junior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £35,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- McDonald's launches 40th anniversary campaign
- TalkTalk to launch user-generated X Factor idents
- Watch Harvey Keitel's Wolf bark again in new Direct Line ads
- Celebrity Cruises opts for Goodstuff