B&Q unveils 'make it perfect' Christmas activity
By Matthew Chapman, campaignlive.co.uk, Wednesday, 14 November 2012 12:01AM
B&Q rolls out its Christmas ad today, which encourages customers to make their homes "perfect" for the festive season.
The "make it perfect" TV spot by McCann Erickson was directed by Christian Bevilacqua and launches nationwide today. It features a mum and dad putting the finishing touches to their Christmas decorating.
The couple’s young daughter helps out by making a decorative snowman, which fails to live up to the parent’s "aesthetic standards".
Ruth Harrison-Wood, head of advertising at B&Q, said: "Christmas is often a stressful time and with too much going on, people can often forget what it’s really about.
"This advert is all about the feel good factor, that family scene that we are all familiar with and the satisfaction we all get from making improvements to our homes and the lives of our families."
The festive spot is set to the track of ‘Our House’ by Crosby Stills & Nash, which has been running throughout its campaigns this year. The song has been given a "festive twist" by 25-year-old Hampshire-based singer Hazel Tratt.
Television activity will be mirrored by press, digital and in-store activity. Media planning and buying has been handled by MEC. The creative does not use the brand’s "I did that" message that it introduced in March, but a spokeswoman claimed it has not been dropped and will return in the New Year.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- PR Manager Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £35000 - £40000 per annum + benefits, London
- Digital Planner Buyer - Revolutionary Media Agency!! Ultimate Asset £22000 - £25000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits , City of London
- FT to reveal first design overhaul in seven years
- Philips launches campaign for app-controlled lightbulbs
- Sorrell warns of Scotland becoming an 'outlier' and the UK 'diminished' by a Yes vote
- Notonthehighstreet.com launches brand campaign
- Publicis boss Maurice Lévy to step down in 2017 amid board shake-up
- 18 Feet & Rising wins Skoda digital brief