B&Q unveils 'make it perfect' Christmas activity
B&Q rolls out its Christmas ad today, which encourages customers to make their homes "perfect" for the festive season.
The "make it perfect" TV spot by McCann Erickson was directed by Christian Bevilacqua and launches nationwide today. It features a mum and dad putting the finishing touches to their Christmas decorating.
The couple’s young daughter helps out by making a decorative snowman, which fails to live up to the parent’s "aesthetic standards".
Ruth Harrison-Wood, head of advertising at B&Q, said: "Christmas is often a stressful time and with too much going on, people can often forget what it’s really about.
"This advert is all about the feel good factor, that family scene that we are all familiar with and the satisfaction we all get from making improvements to our homes and the lives of our families."
The festive spot is set to the track of ‘Our House’ by Crosby Stills & Nash, which has been running throughout its campaigns this year. The song has been given a "festive twist" by 25-year-old Hampshire-based singer Hazel Tratt.
Television activity will be mirrored by press, digital and in-store activity. Media planning and buying has been handled by MEC. The creative does not use the brand’s "I did that" message that it introduced in March, but a spokeswoman claimed it has not been dropped and will return in the New Year.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Media Business Director PFJ £70000.00 - £90000 per annum, London
- PERFORMANCE PLANNING DIRECTOR - MOBILE BRAND! Ultimate Asset £45000 - £60000 per annum + Benefits, London
- Mid Weight Graphic Designer - Consumer agency JEFFERSON £28-35k plus benefits, SE Surrey
- Category Insight Manager - 12 mths contract Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment c.£50K-£56K + Benefits + Generous Bonus, Herts/North of London
- Evian baby Spider-Man 'rescues' fans with Twitter answers
- Three's pony and cats with thumbs top the cute Easter ad chart
- McCann wins Qatar Financial Centre brief
- CEO Gail Gallie departs Fallon
- Samsung calls global advertising and media review
- Ex-M&S marketing chief Steven Sharp is consulting for WPP