Tesco enlists kids for 'honest' toy reviews
Tesco has assembled a team of kids to join its "toy team" and review this year's most anticipated toys and games, in a video created to help parents choose the best Christmas gifts.
The "Tesco toy team" were recruited through "influential mum bloggers" and invited to a casting day where the shortlisted children were chosen.
Tesco has filmed children giving their honest views on the latest toys. The content is being hosted on Netmums and YouTube and seeded on blogs written by mums.
The supermarket giant decided to list this Christmas's top 12 presents to differentiate it from other retailers that usually publish top 10s.
The content was created by Initiative and will run through paid media, supported by augmented reality at point-of-sale, as well as through social media and mobile channels.
Claire Farrant, toy advertising manager at Tesco, said: "Who better to provide reviews on the best toys on the shelves this Christmas than the people for whom they have been created?
"By providing video reviews we are offering mums and dads real insight into what children really think of these top-rated toys, as well as showing how they interact with each product."Follow @mattchapmanuk
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- In-House Graphic Designer Major Players £30000 - £40000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Group Insight Director, Technology & Financial Jarlett de Grouchy £65000.00 - £80000.00 per annum + bonus, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Commercial Head of Branded Content-Established Digital Business Ultimate Asset £65000 - £76000 per annum + bonus and huge benefits , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Sales Executive - Performance & Brand - Emerging Tech Ultimate Asset £40000 - £50000 per annum + commission & excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Samsung calls global advertising and media review
- British Airways moves paid search account to Forward3D
- Watch the first YouTube clip, nine years on
- M&C Saatchi's Enyi Nwosu takes global role at Mindshare
- Post Office reviews advertising, DM and digital accounts
- Karmarama grabs Coppafeel! breast cancer charity account