Tesco enlists kids for 'honest' toy reviews
Tesco has assembled a team of kids to join its "toy team" and review this year's most anticipated toys and games, in a video created to help parents choose the best Christmas gifts.
The "Tesco toy team" were recruited through "influential mum bloggers" and invited to a casting day where the shortlisted children were chosen.
Tesco has filmed children giving their honest views on the latest toys. The content is being hosted on Netmums and YouTube and seeded on blogs written by mums.
The supermarket giant decided to list this Christmas's top 12 presents to differentiate it from other retailers that usually publish top 10s.
The content was created by Initiative and will run through paid media, supported by augmented reality at point-of-sale, as well as through social media and mobile channels.
Claire Farrant, toy advertising manager at Tesco, said: "Who better to provide reviews on the best toys on the shelves this Christmas than the people for whom they have been created?
"By providing video reviews we are offering mums and dads real insight into what children really think of these top-rated toys, as well as showing how they interact with each product."Follow @mattchapmanuk
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Recruitment Manager - Technical Development Team Propel £28000 - £90000 per annum, London
- Copywriter & Marketing Executive - Events, Integrated Marketing Live Recruitment £22000 - £27000 per annum, London
- PR Account Executive Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £16000 - £20000 per annum, Warwickshire
- Recruitment Team Leader - Technology (Contract) Propel £35000 - £42000 per annum + OTE £80k, London
Agency: Wieden & Kennedy New York
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- McDonald's launches 40th anniversary campaign
- Models strip in River Island's first TV campaign
- TalkTalk to launch user-generated X Factor idents