Newman takes on APG director role
campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 15 November 2012 08:00AM
The Account Planning Group has appointed Ogilvy & Mather’s Sarah Newman as its first full-time director.
Newman, the global planning partner at Ogilvy & Mather, takes the new role after the retirement of Steve Martin, the APG secretary, who steps down at the end of November.
The APG, which is chaired by the Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO chief strategy officer, Craig Mawdsley, is creating a new structure around Newman, who will work to support the chair and committee.
The group will also look to build a secretariat to provide administrative and marketing support for APG initiatives for the planning community. Emily Travis will continue in her role as the APG head of marketing.
Newman, who served as the APG chair before Mawdsley, has worked with the body to grow its membership base and increase its training support for members. She also devised its Noisy Thinking events series.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Account Director: Liverpool Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £40000 - £45000 per annum, Liverpool
- Junior Artworker #RETAIL #FASHION #CONSUMERGOODS #PACKAGING Creative Recruitment £23000 per annum, London
- INTEGRATED DESIGNER 70% DIGITAL 30% PRINT #HTML #INTERNALCOMMS Creative Recruitment £30000 per annum, London
- Junior Designer,Developer #HMTL #CSS Creative Recruitment £25000 per annum, London
- Digital Project Manager. #WEBBUILDS #MOBILEAPPS #TABLETAPPS Creative Recruitment £35000 - £45000 per annum, Berkshire
- Google's European leader says viewing habits are 'changing dramatically'
- Tesco media review pits Initiative against MediaCom and ZenithOptimedia
- Martin Sorrell talks Maurice Lévy, Tesco, and the global outlook
- Land Rover to move global ad account into Spark44
- Viacom to bring Breaking Bad to Freeview with Spike launch
- 'Advertisers are snake oil salesmen', says Peter Oborne