Newman takes on APG director role
campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 15 November 2012 08:00AM
The Account Planning Group has appointed Ogilvy & Mather’s Sarah Newman as its first full-time director.
Newman, the global planning partner at Ogilvy & Mather, takes the new role after the retirement of Steve Martin, the APG secretary, who steps down at the end of November.
The APG, which is chaired by the Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO chief strategy officer, Craig Mawdsley, is creating a new structure around Newman, who will work to support the chair and committee.
The group will also look to build a secretariat to provide administrative and marketing support for APG initiatives for the planning community. Emily Travis will continue in her role as the APG head of marketing.
Newman, who served as the APG chair before Mawdsley, has worked with the body to grow its membership base and increase its training support for members. She also devised its Noisy Thinking events series.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Innovation Insight Manager Ball & Hoolahan £65,000 + benefits, London
- Digital Marketing Officer AF Selection Up to £23,000, Coventry
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 plus Car/ Car Allowance, South East
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/CA, South East region