M&C Saatchi lands Ballantine's brief
campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 15 November 2012 08:00AM
Ballantine's, the Pernod Ricard brand, has appointed M&C Saatchi to handle its estimated £25 million global advertising business, ending its 20-year relationship with Publicis.
M&C Saatchi won the pitch in a two-way shoot-out against Havas Worldwide, which, like M&C Saatchi, is a Pernod Ricard roster shop.
The appointment follows a process that began in July and involved conversations with non-roster agencies. Publicis will remain on the Pernod Ricard roster, working with brands such as Malibu and Chivas Brothers.
Ballantine’s uses Work Club for its digital activity and Vizeum for media buying.
Last year, Publicis launched a TV ad for the Scotch whisky brand to inspire consumers to "change their plan and leave an impression".
To support the campaign, Work Club created a video featuring a tattooist. A Facebook page allowed the public to interact with him and make decisions on his work.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- User Experience Researcher Salt £350 - £400 per day, City of London
- Senior Marketing Manager Nigel Wright Recruitment £55000 Per Annum Competitive + car, bonus and benefits, East Midlands
- Senior Designer / Trafficker become £40-45K, Central London
- Creative Designer STI Group Salary will be commensurate with age and experience, Gillinghham
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%
- Kevin Bacon, Google Glass and Julian Assange: the SXSW weekend in tweets
- International Women's Day: "my gender is irrelevant" says Lisa Thomas
- Omnicom Media Group buys Mobile5
- Starcom MediaVest wins spice brand's multi-million euro account
- BBH launches sport division with Lawrence Dallaglio