M&C Saatchi lands Ballantine's brief
campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 15 November 2012 08:00AM
Ballantine's, the Pernod Ricard brand, has appointed M&C Saatchi to handle its estimated £25 million global advertising business, ending its 20-year relationship with Publicis.
M&C Saatchi won the pitch in a two-way shoot-out against Havas Worldwide, which, like M&C Saatchi, is a Pernod Ricard roster shop.
The appointment follows a process that began in July and involved conversations with non-roster agencies. Publicis will remain on the Pernod Ricard roster, working with brands such as Malibu and Chivas Brothers.
Ballantine’s uses Work Club for its digital activity and Vizeum for media buying.
Last year, Publicis launched a TV ad for the Scotch whisky brand to inspire consumers to "change their plan and leave an impression".
To support the campaign, Work Club created a video featuring a tattooist. A Facebook page allowed the public to interact with him and make decisions on his work.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Brand Strategy Consultant Rare Selection £30 - £40K + excellent benefits incl pension, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Executive, Top branding and design agency Gabriele Skelton £20000 - £23000 per annum, London
- Digital Designer Source £26000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Senior Brand Planner Source £70000 - £75000 per annum, London
- Integrated Project Manager - Creative Agency £35K Source £30000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Will.i.am clashes with Martin Sorrell over online ads in Cannes
- Black horse returns in new Lloyds Bank campaign
- Martin Sorrell on the mega-media reviews: 'We can't remember anything like this'
- Aston Martin appoints WPP to global marketing account
- Geometry Dubai hands over Cannes Grand Prix amid controversy
- Ogilvy & Mather's radio work for Dove 'reduces Cannes jury to tears'