Nick Brien ousted as McCann chief
By Anne Cassidy, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 15 November 2012 08:00AM
Harris Diamond named successor at McCann Worldgroup.
After weeks of speculation, McCann Worldgroup’s chief executive, Nick Brien, was axed on Tuesday.
The news follows a Wall Street Journal report last week that the network’s Interpublic parent had drawn up a timetable for replacing Brien amid revenue shortfalls at McCann, which accounts for around a third of IPG’s total $7 billion annual revenue.
Harris Diamond, the chairman and chief executive of Constituency Management Group, IPG’s PR arm, succeeds Brien, who was appointed to the role in January 2010 with a brief to run the McCann group operations and turn around its fortunes.
However, the network suffered the loss of big accounts including Nescafé, ExxonMobil and Lufthansa during his tenure.
Luca Lindner, the president of McCann Worldgroup Americas, and Gustavo Martinez, the president of Europe, have been given wider roles. Lindner will now have responsibility for the Middle East and Africa, and Martinez will add Asia-Pacific to his remit.
Both Lindner and Martinez will join Diamond in a new, three-person office of the chairman for McCann Worldgroup.
Michael Roth, the IPG chief executive, said: "Harris understands the business needs of global CEOs, across a range of industries. He has a proven track record of effectively managing a portfolio of agencies and growing the top line. "
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Communications Executive Ninesharp £28000 - £35000 per annum + Fantastic Benefits, City of London
- Account Director - Integrated - [Digital / Retail] - Superb London Agency! Fill Recruitment £45k - £49k + superb bonus & benefits, London (Greater)
- Online Trading Manager Premier Consultants c.£45k plus bonus , Central London
- Account Director - Integrated / [CARS] - Global Agency - to £55k pending experience Fill Recruitment to £55k plus superb benefits, London (Greater)
- PLANNING ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR - GLOBAL SOFT DRINKS BRAND Ultimate Asset £50000 - £60000 per annum, London
- ZenithOptimedia loses £200m O2 business to Havas Media without a pitch
- Breast Cancer Campaign crowd-sources videos for 'wear it pink' campaign
- Haig Club launches David Beckham ad
- Doctor Who online game gets kids coding
- Blinkbox readies campaign to promote its cinema links
- Philips launches juicer video campaign with Louis Smith