Nick Brien ousted as McCann chief
By Anne Cassidy, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 15 November 2012 08:00AM
Harris Diamond named successor at McCann Worldgroup.
After weeks of speculation, McCann Worldgroup’s chief executive, Nick Brien, was axed on Tuesday.
The news follows a Wall Street Journal report last week that the network’s Interpublic parent had drawn up a timetable for replacing Brien amid revenue shortfalls at McCann, which accounts for around a third of IPG’s total $7 billion annual revenue.
Harris Diamond, the chairman and chief executive of Constituency Management Group, IPG’s PR arm, succeeds Brien, who was appointed to the role in January 2010 with a brief to run the McCann group operations and turn around its fortunes.
However, the network suffered the loss of big accounts including Nescafé, ExxonMobil and Lufthansa during his tenure.
Luca Lindner, the president of McCann Worldgroup Americas, and Gustavo Martinez, the president of Europe, have been given wider roles. Lindner will now have responsibility for the Middle East and Africa, and Martinez will add Asia-Pacific to his remit.
Both Lindner and Martinez will join Diamond in a new, three-person office of the chairman for McCann Worldgroup.
Michael Roth, the IPG chief executive, said: "Harris understands the business needs of global CEOs, across a range of industries. He has a proven track record of effectively managing a portfolio of agencies and growing the top line. "
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 p.a., London (Central), London (Greater)
- Trade Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £42,000 p.a., London (Greater)
- CRM Executive Ball & Hoolahan £30,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Interim Senior Marketing Manager - Campaigns Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment To £60,000 plus benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Age UK launches 'no friends' ads in response to Facebook campaign
- Pizza Hut launches Classic Crust with TV campaign
- Fold7 splits with Gocompare.com amid talk of Gio Compario's return
- Lurpak rolls out jazz teaser by Juan Cabral
- Kate Robertson steps down from Havas
- Ronseal claims to ditch 'does exactly what it says on the tin' strapline