Superdrug kicks off £5m creative contest
By Anne Cassidy, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 15 November 2012 08:00AM
Superdrug, the UK's second-largest health and beauty retailer, is reviewing its £5 million advertising account.
The brand has opened talks with agencies as part of the review process, which is in the early stages.
Superdrug currently works with the branding agency Uber, which created the brand's most recent TV spot.
The retailer split with its last retained agency HMDG earlier this year and moved to working with agencies on a project basis. Uber won a brief to create Superdrug's summer TV campaign in May after a pitch.
HMDG created Superdrug's first TV ad campaign for ten years, fronted by the Gavin & Stacey actress Joanna Page.
In May last year, the retailer rolled out a major above-the-line campaign, also featuring Page, to promote the launch of its Beautycard loyalty scheme in an attempt to increase pressure on its rival, the market leader Boots.
Before HMDG’s appointment, Havas Worldwide London, then known as Euro RSCG London, worked on the business.
Superdrug, which is owned by the international retailer AS Watson, recently entered into a partnership with the parenting support club Bounty, which gives it access to Bounty’s database of 840,000 members.
ZenithOptimedia retained the combined UK media planning and buying account for Superdrug and its sister brand The Perfume Shop in February.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- PLANNER - INTEGRATED MARKETING AGENCY Live Recruitment Ã‚£35000 - Ã‚£50000 per annum + Excellent, London
- Senior PR & Comms Officer Stopgap Ã‚£32000 - Ã‚£34700 per annum, Reading
- Senior Account Director - brand, digital and communications - £55-65k Story Recruitment £55-65k plus bonus dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Manager - strategic brand consultancy - £24-28k Story Recruitment £24-28k plus bonus dep on exp, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Manager - Luxury Brands Story Recruitment £32-38k dependent on experience, Central London