Corona Extra unveils beach volleyball app
Corona Extra, the Mexican beer, is launching a beach volleyball and beer-finder app inspired by "the fun of a Cancun beach".
The augmented reality-based (AR) app, created by Beattie McGuinness Bungay and developers Harmony Park, allows Corona fans to play their friends at beach volleyball and also find the closest pub or shop stocking Corona.
The app opens up into a 3D beach volleyball game by pointing an AR-enabled phone at a bottle of Corona. Molson Coors claims it is the world's first natural feature-tracking AR game linked to a physical product.
Working with supermarkets and pub groups Mitchells & Butlers and JD Wetherspoon to help increase their footfall, Corona fans will receive a text when they are close to a participating shop or licensed venue to inform them of the brand's availability and invite them to download the new app.
Simon Pick, senior brand manager for Corona, said: "Corona is a brand that has huge appeal amongst young and ambitious people who like to stand out from the crowd.
"Appealing to this group with digital and social media is vital as we grow the Corona Extra brand in the UK. But the most important element of this campaign is that we're working with Corona stockists and targeting consumers directly, making their shops and pubs the place to be."
The app can be downloaded for free and works on iPhones, iPads and mobile devices powered by Android.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Internal Communications Consultant VMA Group £28- 33k, Yorkshire and the Humber
- Designer/Art Director The Air Ambulance Service £21-28k per annum (depending on agreed hours, competence, experience and qualifications) , Warwickshire
- FT to reveal first design overhaul in seven years
- Philips launches campaign for app-controlled lightbulbs
- 5 key trends from Dmexco 2014
- Sorrell warns of Scotland becoming an 'outlier' and the UK 'diminished' by a Yes vote
- Notonthehighstreet.com launches brand campaign
- Publicis boss Maurice Lévy to step down in 2017 amid board shake-up