Media Bitch's Diary 15 November
This week, Bitch hangs out with the7'Michelin'stars, goes back to her nightclubbing roots with MTV in Frankfurt, and meets up with Starcom for the Heineken Oktoberfest.
The Mullins menu
Occasionally, this girl gets tipped off about some of the most hideous crimes in media. Fiddling the books? Stealing the stationary? Sending an email to the whole agency? Not this time, it's even worse.
Bitch has been forwarded this particular photo that shows crimes on a stunning culinary scale. The cheeky snap is of head of trading at the7stars Liam Mullins trying to cook up a storm at a client dinner for the independent media agency (and doing quite a poor job according to this girl's spy.
The incident happened at Benihana in Piccadilly, but rumours that Liam has been asked never to darken their door again remain unfounded.
I want my MTV
Bitch hears that it was a weekend full of sausage and weinerschnitzel as the media industry shipped out to the glamorous MTV EMAs in Frankfurt to party along with host Heidi Klum (drop-dead gorgeous, darlings), Taylor Swift, Muse, Rita Ora and Gangnam style Korean rapper PSY.
Reporting back from the event, one of the Media Week boys was surprised that, despite the superstar event at Frankfurt's Festhalle, the best time to be had was actually before the event, with the MTV commercial team. Sworn to Chatham House Rules (sort of) tales started to surface of a "mad night out" that involved a "posh Italian restaurant" that "seemed to turn into Cinderella Rockerfellas after 10pm.
The fact that Ms Klum was dressed as a ringmaster (mistress?) at the event the next night seemed to lift his sprits however, Bitch hears.
We're just here for the beer
Looks like Starcom Mediavest is the place to be this week for the meandering media owner, as it attempts to educate the masses in the benefits of Heineken. The Publicis-owned agency is holding its own Oktoberfest hosted by chief executive Stewart Easterbrook, replete with brand-themed rooms for client Heineken.
Guests can sample the Heineken, Fosters and Amstel rooms among others this girl hears, but as you're all teetotal out in Medialand, she expects there won't be much take-up. Just don't get crushed in the rush…
Until next week my little tipple types.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Senior Graphic Designer (retail) Beyond The Book £DOE, Northampton
- Events and Marketing assistant Under The Bridge £25,000, Fulham, South west london
- Senior Ad Ops Executive Salt £27000 - £28000 per annum, London
- Art Director Pitch Consultants £27000 - £35000 per annum, West Yorkshire
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%
- Greenpeace protests outside Saatchi & Saatchi London office
- Facebook research finds 42% switch device mid-activity