Rennie to sponsor Christmas on Channel 4 and UKTV
Rennie, the indigestion remedy brand, is to target people overindulging in the Christmas period by sponsoring seasonal programming across Channel 4, Film4 and the UKTV network.
The significant six-figure sponsorship will cover shows such as 'Superscrimpers Christmas Special' and 'Fabulous Baker Brothers Christmas Special' on Channel 4, UKTV’s 'Festive Entertainment' strand and Film4's daytime schedule.
The 'Festive Entertainment' strand will include 1,600 hours of programming across UKTV's network including all its channels (such as Dave and Gold), apart from Home.
JWT has made the idents, which will use animation to make light-hearted jokes about Christmas excess and convey the message that Rennie can make "tummies happy this Christmas".
The sponsorship, which was negotiated between Channel 4 sales and MediaCom Beyond Advertising, starts on Monday (19 November) and will run until the end of the year.
Ivan Lazarov, associate director at MediaCom Beyond Advertising, said: "Christmas viewing across Channel 4 and UKTV offers Rennie a big TV occasion, as well as a family presence which, combined with humorous idents, will enable the brand to connect with a period of traditional excess and drive huge brand awareness."
Channel 4 has managed the ad sales for UKTV's network since January 2011.Follow @MaisieMcCabe
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- SENIOR ACCOUNT MANAGER / ACCOUNT DIRECTOR- PERMANENT & CONTRACT ROLES Royds Raphael £40K - £55K / £180-£250+DAY RATE, London
- Head Of Propositions Development Ball & Hoolahan £85,000 p.a, London (Greater)
- Brand Ambassador Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 p.a., South East England
- STRATEGIC ACCOUNT DIRECTOR for Brand Agency - CONTRACT & PERMANENT Royds Raphael Salary £60k-£70k - CONTRACT OR PERMANENT, London (Central), London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT MANAGER - Branding Agency Royds Raphael £30k-£37k + neg + great bens!, London
- Black horse returns in new Lloyds Bank campaign
- Watch: Every Grand Prix winner from Cannes Lions 2015
- The man who made Grey matter
- 'You're thirsty. We've got sales targets', says Oasis in summer campaign launch
- Heineken selects Publicis Worldwide to be lead global creative agency
- Programmatic adspend nears £1bn and doubles for mobile