Rennie to sponsor Christmas on Channel 4 and UKTV
Rennie, the indigestion remedy brand, is to target people overindulging in the Christmas period by sponsoring seasonal programming across Channel 4, Film4 and the UKTV network.
The significant six-figure sponsorship will cover shows such as 'Superscrimpers Christmas Special' and 'Fabulous Baker Brothers Christmas Special' on Channel 4, UKTV’s 'Festive Entertainment' strand and Film4's daytime schedule.
The 'Festive Entertainment' strand will include 1,600 hours of programming across UKTV's network including all its channels (such as Dave and Gold), apart from Home.
JWT has made the idents, which will use animation to make light-hearted jokes about Christmas excess and convey the message that Rennie can make "tummies happy this Christmas".
The sponsorship, which was negotiated between Channel 4 sales and MediaCom Beyond Advertising, starts on Monday (19 November) and will run until the end of the year.
Ivan Lazarov, associate director at MediaCom Beyond Advertising, said: "Christmas viewing across Channel 4 and UKTV offers Rennie a big TV occasion, as well as a family presence which, combined with humorous idents, will enable the brand to connect with a period of traditional excess and drive huge brand awareness."
Channel 4 has managed the ad sales for UKTV's network since January 2011.Follow @MaisieMcCabe
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Senior Conceptual Copywriter - Ambitious, Strategic Agency ADLIB DOE, Bristol
- Head of UK Marketing Communications Adam Recruitment £40000 - £45000 per annum, Manchester
- Associate Marketing Director (Global Education) - Global Publisher Recruitment Revolution Excellent Salary + Company Benefits Package , Chichester, West Sussex
- Senior PR Account Executive AF Selection £22000 - £23000 per annum, Manchester
- Digital Project Manager. #WEBBUILDS #MOBILEAPPS #TABLETAPPS Creative Recruitment £35000 - £45000 per annum, Berkshire
- Black horse returns in new Lloyds Bank campaign
- Geometry Dubai hands over Cannes Grand Prix amid controversy
- Watch: Every Grand Prix winner from Cannes Lions 2015
- UK wins four gold Film Lions
- 'You're thirsty. We've got sales targets', says Oasis in summer campaign launch
- The man who made Grey matter