Škoda to sponsor Simon Bates on Smooth
Škoda, the car marque, has signed a significant six-figure deal to sponsor Simon Bates' breakfast show on Smooth Radio as part of the marketing for its new family hatchback, the Škoda Rapid.
The three-month sponsorship kicks off on Monday (19 November) and will aim to raise awareness of the Rapid model among Smooth Radio's core audience of people between the ages of 40 and 59.
The sponsorship was planned and bought by MediaCom and will include advertorials discussing the different features of the Rapid, as well as a Škoda presence on the breakfast show's online platforms.
Next week, Smooth's homepage will have a Škoda takeover to mark the beginning of the sponsorship, while Škoda will have branding on Smooth's section of Radioplayer throughout the three-month period.
Kirsty Poole, senior planner/buyer at MediaCom, said: "Smooth as a brand is a great fit for Škoda Rapid, both in terms of target audience and environment. Tapping into breakfast time will allow Škoda to target its audience in a relevant period, giving the messaging more resonance."
All creative work was developed by Smooth Radio's in-house team.
John Walker, director of Real and Smooth's creative solutions team, said: "The mix of sponsorship credits and advertorials will give both recognition of the new Škoda Rapid and further information about its USPs."
Insurance group Direct Line has been a previous sponsor of Bates' show.
Smooth Radio is part of the former GMG Radio business, which is now called Real and Smooth limited. Global Radio's purchase of the business in June is currently subject to a Competition Commission investigation.Follow @MaisieMcCabe
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Deputy Creative Director - Integrated/shopper agency The Industry Club London Ltd £75,000, London (Greater)
- Digital Account Director - Corporate Comms. - £60k Source £50000 - £70000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Digital Planner Buyer Aspire £25000.00 - £30000.00 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Marketing Domino's £Six figure package + Car + Benefits, Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire
- Digital Account Director - FMCG Aspire £40000.00 - £45000.00 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Want a tactical ad? Should have gone to Specsavers
- Greenpeace dresses up cats to help save tigers from extinction
- Maxus confirmed as world's fastest growing media agency
- Why 2014 won't be the year of mobile advertising
- ITV's Adam Crozier: 'Work to be done' after losing out to C4 during World Cup
- Palestinian and Israeli bereaved families unite for 'anti-conflict' film