Campaign Viral Chart: John Lewis's journey racks up 184,000 shares
Red Bull has claimed another viral chart victory with a five-minute video that has been shared more than half a million times this week, while John Lewis's Christmas ad takes third place.
The ad, created by agency Synn Labs, has been viewed 5.7 million times and follows a string of recent viral successes for the brand, including its 'human-powered free running machine' video and Felix Baumgartner's jump from the edge of space.
Meanwhile, this year's Christmas ad for John Lewis, the UK-only retailer, was shared 184,065 times in its launch week.
The ad, created by the retailer's long-time Christmas magic-maker Adam & Eve/DDB, has been viewed more than 1.5 million times and has over 1,300 comments on YouTube.
In second place this week, a video of recently re-elected President Obama has been shared 259,754 times.
The ad, in which an emotional Obama thanks his campaign team and volunteers, has been used in 460 blog posts and is mentioned in 21,000 tweets.
To view the most-shared viral ads from previous weeks, visit the Brand Republic viral video board on Pinterest.
The chart, produced in conjunction with Unruly, ranks ads according to the number of times they have been shared on Facebook, Twitter and the blogosphere.
Ads launched more than 30-days ago are not included.
1. Red Bull 'the athlete machine' by Syyn Labs
549,161 shares this week
All time: 571,909 shares
2. Obama/Biden 'I'm really proud' by Obama For America
259,754 shares this week
All time: 383,877 shares
3. John Lewis 'the journey' by Adam & Eve/DDB, London
184,065 shares this week
All time: 192,180 shares
4. Louis Vuitton 'l'invitation au voyage' by Inez & Vinoodh
82,890 shares this week
All time: 84,966 shares
5. Air New Zeland 'an unexpected briefing' created in-house
56,471 shares this week
All time: 728,717 shares
6. Activision 'surprise' by 72andSunny
49,948 shares this week
All time: 505,614 shares
7. Angry Birds 'Star Wars' created in-house
49,094 shares this week
All time: 67,876 shares
8. Rockstar Games 'Grand Theft Auto V' created in-house
40,659 shares this week
All time: 47,205 shares
9. Sony 'DSLR gear no idea' by Havas Worldwide, Sydney
33,162 shares this week
All time: 41,358 shares
10. eBay 'pony' by Venables Bell & Partners, USA
19,522 shares this week
All time: 39,523 shares
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Durex creates 'touch-actuator' underwear for long-distance lovers
- Top 10 Christmas ads 2012, as voted by mums
- Think BR: What are the supermarkets serving up for Christmas?
- Most read stories in advertising, marketing, media and PR (28 Oct - 3 Nov 2012)
- Campaign Viral Chart: Bond tops chart for Coke Zero
- Campaign Viral Chart: Brad Pitt's perfume spot overpowered by Red Bull skydive
- Campaign Viral Chart: Facebook debuts as social network reaches 1bn users
- Managing Director - Equity potential DU Group £120,000 - £150,000, South Oxfordshire
- Qualitative AD - Digital/ Youth Brands Hasson Associates £40,000 - £50,000, London
- Consultancy Manager, Employee Engagement Hasson Associates £60,000 - £70,000, London
- Director of Research Services - FTC (up to 9 months) Hasson Associates Up to £90,000 pro rata, Central London
- PPC Senior Account Manager : Top 20 Digital Agency Dylan Up to £40000, London
- Blippar connects disjointed families, says MEC executive
- Fans take on Jo-Wilfried Tsonga in Twitter-powered tennis game
- Campaign Viral Chart: Samsung scores hat-trick in tech-heavy chart
- Jaguar readies global campaign for F-Type launch
- ITV and Channel 4 insist they will beat declining ad market
- EE adds Dare to agency roster to develop digital
A demographic portrait of Twitter, Tumblr, Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook users
A useful study here from the ‘Pew Research Center’ taking a look at the demographic make-up of US social media users across Twitter, Tumblr, Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook. No data on LinkedIn of Google+, but great stats all the same.