UKTV's Gold kicks off experiential campaign
Gold, the UKTV comedy channel, is kicking off a three-month experiential campaign to increase engagement with the channel and promote its winter season of programming.
The experiential campaign starts at The Bullring shopping centre in Birmingham today where Initials Marketing has created area for people to watch short clips from Gold TV shows while relaxing with a cup of tea.
During the three months the "tea shop" will visit Cabot Circus in Bristol, Meadowhall in Sheffield, the Trafford Centre in Manchester, Westfield Derby and Westfield London.
The campaign will use different themes including Gold commissions such as 'Bring Me Morecambe and Wise' and 'Yes, Prime Minister', as well as its '25 Days of Christmas' campaign. At each venue people will be encouraged to text the word "Gold" to the campaign shortcode, tweet #GoldWinterWarmers or visit Gold’s Facebook page to get a Gold-branded knitted phone cosy.
Everyone who texts, Tweets or interacts on Facebook will be entered into a free prize draw and could win one of 250 knitted jumpers.
Hik Sasaki, senior marketing manager for Gold, said: "Many consumers think of Gold as a repeats channel as its current association is with older content. But in fact, Gold is now creating more of its own exclusive shows than ever before.
"This winter Gold is bringing back some of Britain’s best classic comedies combined with a selection of exciting new commissions, so raising awareness for the shows is essential."Follow @MaisieMcCabe
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Content Manager - Fashion - London - £200 a day Digital Gurus £150 - £200 per day, London
- Charismatic PR Account Executive Required! Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £17000 - £22000 per annum, Benefits: Bonus & Benefits, Manchester
- Complience and Risk Manager BBC £34000 - £38000 per annum, London
- Strategic Alliances Manger, major RTB platform Ultimate Asset £35000 - £40000 per annum + +comm, London