Liverpool FC director of comms Jen Chang leaves club
Liverpool FC director of comms Jen Chang has been reported to have left the club.
The club told website Sporting Intelligence that Chang, who joined earlier this year, had left by ‘mutual consent.’
A spokesperson said: ‘I can confirm Jen Chang has left Liverpool Football Club by mutual consent and has returned to the United States for family reasons.
'He reviewed and refocused the Liverpool Ladies and created a new impetus in relation to their structure, organisation and future playing strategy.
'We would like to thank Jen for his contribution to Liverpool Football Club during his time here and wish him well in his future career back in the US.
'Jen would like to thank everyone he has worked with during his time at Liverpool for their support and respect and wishes the club every success.'
The news follows Liverpool apologising after Chang met with Sean Cummins, who writes spoof Twitter account 'Duncan Jenkins'. Cummins alleges that Chang threatened to revoke the blogger's season ticket during the meeting, unless he tweeted that he had no mole at the club.
However, the club has denied Chang’s exit and the incident are related.
PRWeek reported earlier this year that Chang, a senior editor at Sports Illustrated, had replaced Ian Cotton in the top comms role.
This article was first published on prweek.com
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Propositions Marketing Manager Harvey Nash £35000 - £40000 per annum, Walsall
- Paid Social Manager Lipton Fleming £32000 - £42000 per annum + excellent benefits, London
- Events Marketing Manager Stopgap £40000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Agency Account Manager/Director (Outdoor) Lipton Fleming £30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum + 25% bonus, London
- Sorrell says Publicis / Omnicom's 'merger of equals' is 'impossible'
- Evian baby Spider-Man 'rescues' fans with Twitter answers
- YouTube reveals user habits to appeal to 'older' marketers
- Pitch update: eBay's media contest, DFS and 2 Sisters Food Group
- McCann wins Qatar Financial Centre brief
- Three's pony and cats with thumbs top the cute Easter ad chart