M&C Saatchi launches first Virgin Holidays work
By Sara Kimberley, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 19 November 2012 11:00AM
M&C Saatchi has created its first piece of work for Virgin Holidays since winning the account in September.
The agency has created a set of six 10-second idents that will launch today (19 November) during I'TV's 'London Weekday Weather'. In each ident, a different weather presenter gives a tongue-in-cheek forecast from around the world.
The campaign, which runs for three months, aims to encourage its audience to leave drizzly England for a Virgin Holiday, at one of six exotic locations, including the US, Dubai, Thailand, Mexico, Japan and Barbados. The idents will be supported by social media activity across YouTube, Facebook and Twitter.
Media planning and buying was handled by Manning Gottlieb OMD.
Andrew Shelton, marketing director at Virgin Holidays, commented: "It’s the first time we’ve undertaken this kind of sponsorship and we’re sure that these affectionate portraits of the local weather from Bridgetown to Bangkok will put a smile on viewers’ faces."
Elspeth Lynn, executive creative director at M&C Saatchi, said: "By using the ITV sponsorship to our advantage, we demonstrate the obvious in a very funny way. Compared to the usually awful weather in the UK, Virgin Holidays will absolutely take you somewhere much hotter."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Account Director Pitch Consultants £35000 - £45000 per annum, Liverpool
- Production Manager Pitch Consultants £35000 - £40000 per annum, Liverpool
- Account Manager Pitch Consultants £23000 - £27000 per annum, Liverpool
- Head of Customer Marketing Stopgap £80000 per annum, London
- Account Manager- Integrated Creative Agency Spectrum 360 Recruitment £26k - £32k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Black horse returns in new Lloyds Bank campaign
- Geometry Dubai hands over Cannes Grand Prix amid controversy
- Cannes 2015: Highlights from the Campaign beach party
- UK wins four gold Film Lions
- Watch: Every Grand Prix winner from Cannes Lions 2015
- 'You're thirsty. We've got sales targets', says Oasis in summer campaign launch