M&C Saatchi launches first Virgin Holidays work
M&C Saatchi has created its first piece of work for Virgin Holidays since winning the account in September.
The agency has created a set of six 10-second idents that will launch today (19 November) during I'TV's 'London Weekday Weather'. In each ident, a different weather presenter gives a tongue-in-cheek forecast from around the world.
The campaign, which runs for three months, aims to encourage its audience to leave drizzly England for a Virgin Holiday, at one of six exotic locations, including the US, Dubai, Thailand, Mexico, Japan and Barbados. The idents will be supported by social media activity across YouTube, Facebook and Twitter.
Media planning and buying was handled by Manning Gottlieb OMD.
Andrew Shelton, marketing director at Virgin Holidays, commented: "It’s the first time we’ve undertaken this kind of sponsorship and we’re sure that these affectionate portraits of the local weather from Bridgetown to Bangkok will put a smile on viewers’ faces."
Elspeth Lynn, executive creative director at M&C Saatchi, said: "By using the ITV sponsorship to our advantage, we demonstrate the obvious in a very funny way. Compared to the usually awful weather in the UK, Virgin Holidays will absolutely take you somewhere much hotter."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Marketing & Campaigns Team Leader, Department for Work and Pensions Department for Work and Pensions Minimum salary: National: £46290 London: £50840. Maximum salary: National: £57280 London: £62140. , London (Greater)
- Communications Manager - Campaigns and Marketing Department for Work and Pensions Minimum £40,500 to maximum £50,490, London (Greater)
- FT to reveal first design overhaul in seven years
- David Hasselhoff to join Sorrell, Naughton and Shing at IAB Engage 2014
- Philips launches campaign for app-controlled lightbulbs
- 5 key trends from Dmexco 2014
- Notonthehighstreet.com launches brand campaign
- Bosch secures sponsorship deal with Channel 4's Sunday Brunch