M&C Saatchi launches first Virgin Holidays work
By Sara Kimberley, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 19 November 2012 11:00AM
M&C Saatchi has created its first piece of work for Virgin Holidays since winning the account in September.
The agency has created a set of six 10-second idents that will launch today (19 November) during I'TV's 'London Weekday Weather'. In each ident, a different weather presenter gives a tongue-in-cheek forecast from around the world.
The campaign, which runs for three months, aims to encourage its audience to leave drizzly England for a Virgin Holiday, at one of six exotic locations, including the US, Dubai, Thailand, Mexico, Japan and Barbados. The idents will be supported by social media activity across YouTube, Facebook and Twitter.
Media planning and buying was handled by Manning Gottlieb OMD.
Andrew Shelton, marketing director at Virgin Holidays, commented: "It’s the first time we’ve undertaken this kind of sponsorship and we’re sure that these affectionate portraits of the local weather from Bridgetown to Bangkok will put a smile on viewers’ faces."
Elspeth Lynn, executive creative director at M&C Saatchi, said: "By using the ITV sponsorship to our advantage, we demonstrate the obvious in a very funny way. Compared to the usually awful weather in the UK, Virgin Holidays will absolutely take you somewhere much hotter."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Commercials Producer/Director Searchlight Recruitment An attractive salary is available to the successful candidate. , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Interim Marketing Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £35,000 to £45,000, Bagshot
- Senior Project Manager Purple Consultancy £45000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Pimm's launches weather activated OOH campaign
- Managing director Paul Hayes to leave News UK after 15 years
- Campaign Viral Chart: True Detective trailer in number one spot
- Tango returns to advertising after two years with off-brand TV ad
- Vizeum on alert as 21st Century Fox review includes £150m European media
- Why D&AD's first Black Pencil for Radio in 32 years is significant