M&C Saatchi launches first Virgin Holidays work
M&C Saatchi has created its first piece of work for Virgin Holidays since winning the account in September.
The agency has created a set of six 10-second idents that will launch today (19 November) during I'TV's 'London Weekday Weather'. In each ident, a different weather presenter gives a tongue-in-cheek forecast from around the world.
The campaign, which runs for three months, aims to encourage its audience to leave drizzly England for a Virgin Holiday, at one of six exotic locations, including the US, Dubai, Thailand, Mexico, Japan and Barbados. The idents will be supported by social media activity across YouTube, Facebook and Twitter.
Media planning and buying was handled by Manning Gottlieb OMD.
Andrew Shelton, marketing director at Virgin Holidays, commented: "It’s the first time we’ve undertaken this kind of sponsorship and we’re sure that these affectionate portraits of the local weather from Bridgetown to Bangkok will put a smile on viewers’ faces."
Elspeth Lynn, executive creative director at M&C Saatchi, said: "By using the ITV sponsorship to our advantage, we demonstrate the obvious in a very funny way. Compared to the usually awful weather in the UK, Virgin Holidays will absolutely take you somewhere much hotter."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior copywriter story uk limited Negotiable depending on experience, Edinburgh
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager | 6 month contract Twist Recruitment £35000 - £43000 per annum, City of London
- Technical Project Manager Aspire £24000 - £26000 per annum + benefits, London
- Senior Account Director | 6 month contract Twist Recruitment £50000.00 - £58000.00 per annum, City of London
- What the end of Page 3 means for advertising
- Havas partners with Facebook's Atlas for multi-device ad targeting
- Daily Mirror publishes its own tits on Page 3
- 'This girl can' tops Campaign Viral Chart
- John Brown Media appoints Rebekah Billingsley to head of digital and content strategy role
- 'You don't have to explain yourself if you are getting the job done,' says Tracy De Groose on work and motherhood