Vodafone pushes Red Hot renting service with Yoda
By Matthew Chapman, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 19 November 2012 12:03PM
Vodafone has launched a multi-million pound campaign that features Yoda teaching a man how to be patient, as part of an ad pushing the brand's new leasing service.
Creative features a man rushing in to his flat in order to open a new phone he has just picked up as part of Vodafone’s new Red Hot leasing service.
RKCR/Y&R created the humorous TV ad, which is voiced by Tom Kane and launches today as part of an integrated campaign that will also feature large-scale press activity.
OMD is handling the media planning and buying, while Steve Reeves directed the ad with Lucasfilm’s Industrial Light & Magic (ILM) producing.
Mark Howe, head of post-pay at Vodafone, said: "For some people, being up to date with the latest new tech is a big part of who they are, but the tech comes with quite a large price tag attached to it and many people take 24-month price plans to spread their expenditure out.
"On the flip side, the speed of development in the smartphone space is such that some people feel their phone is effectively old tech with a large chunk of their contract still remaining."
Vodafone’s Red Hot service will offer a 16GB iPhone 5 with unlimited calls and texts, 2GB monthly internet and insurance for £59 a month, which Vodafone claims is a saving of £200 compared to one of its 12-month plans.Follow @mattchapmanuk
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Category Analyst Jarlett de Grouchy £28000.00 - £38000.00 per annum + Bonus + Benefits, Surrey
- Senior Digital Project Manager Purple Consultancy £55000 - £60000 per annum, London
- Group Product Manager Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £45,000 + car allowance + benefits , London (Greater)
- Marketing Exec, Healthcare, Surrey Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum, Benefits: Private Healthcare, Contrib Pension, London
Agency: Wieden & Kennedy New York
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- McDonald's launches 40th anniversary campaign
- Models strip in River Island's first TV campaign
- TalkTalk to launch user-generated X Factor idents