Starcom's Jayne Stephens takes sponsorship role at 'X Factor' producer
FremantleMedia Enterprises (FME), the brand extension arm of 'The X Factor' producer FremantleMedia, has hired Jayne Stephens, sponsorship and content director at Starcom MediaVest Group, as head of brand partnerships, UK.
Stephens will be responsible for increasing revenues from sponsors by developing strategic off-air partnerships, as well as product-placement and ad-funded opportunities.
She will work with ad, media and digital agencies, as well as with brands directly, in order to develop partnerships with TV shows such as 'The X Factor', ‘Britain’s Got Talent', 'Take Me Out' and 'Celebrity Juice'.
Stephens will report to Dominic Burns, senior vice-president, licensing and entertainment, FME. The role is not new but has been vacant since the departure of Mark Rosengk last year.
Having worked at Starcom MediaVest Group since 1997, Stephens was most recently sponsorship and content director working on brands such as BlackBerry, Samsung, Heineken, Honda and Procter & Gamble.
Earlier in her career, Stephens worked at CIA Media, now part of MEC, and in the media department of JWT.
Burns said: "As we look to further our already successful track record in creating unique and exciting brand extension activities, Jayne was the clear choice to lead the initiative."
FremantleMedia is part of the RTL Group.
A spokeswoman for Starcom MediaVest Group had not confirmed by the time of publication whether Stephens would be directly replaced.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Exhibition Designers WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package dependant upon experience, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Producer WRG Live Competitve salary and benefits package dependent upon experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Content Manager WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- PPC Account Manager Salt £250 - £300 per day, West End