Google appoints new European consumer marketing head
By Sarah Shearman and Matthew Chapman, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Tuesday, 20 November 2012 08:00AM
Google has promoted Alice Mansergh to its top European consumer marketing role, with her predecessor, Obi Felten, taking up a new job within the company's US team.
Mansergh, who was previously head of search and Chrome marketing EMEA at Google, is understood to have replaced Felten as director of consumer marketing EMEA.
Mansergh joined Google in 2006 and managed its online sales and operations teams in Ireland and India, before becoming the customer marketing manager for Europe in July 2007. She took up her current role in January last year.
Felten is now working at Google's secretive 'Google X' lab in the San Francisco area, heading a scheme aimed at achieving success for its inventors' and engineers' projects, nicknamed 'Moonshots', in the 'real world'.
She joined Google in 2006 as head of consumer marketing for the UK, which was then expanded to a European marketing role three years later.
During Felten's time at Google, the business has significantly increased its consumer marketing spend, including a series of product campaigns, such as its first ad for social platform Google+.
Felten, who was ranked fourth in Marketing's Power 100 this year, has a track record of working with start-up operations and helped set up 'Campus London', Google's space for technology start-ups in East London.
Separately, it is understood that Google is set to launch a Christmas-themed campaign for Google+. The ad, the latest in a number of promotions for the fledgling social network, is believed to be in production.
Google rolled out its first UK ad campaign for Google+ in March, which included TV activity introducing the strap-line 'That's the plus'.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Commercials Producer/Director Searchlight Recruitment An attractive salary is available to the successful candidate. , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager / Senior Programme Manager / Junior Account Director - £36k. Charity/NFP MODA consult £36k + excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Director or Senior Account Director - Global Advertising Agency,FMCG brand. £65k salary. ATL MODA consult Around £65k + excellent benefits & career path, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Pimm's launches weather activated OOH campaign
- Managing director Paul Hayes to leave News UK after 15 years
- Tango returns to advertising after two years with off-brand TV ad
- Vizeum on alert as 21st Century Fox review includes £150m European media
- Why D&AD's first Black Pencil for Radio in 32 years is significant
- Procter & Gamble YouTube video banned