RKCR/Y&R entices tech start-ups into collaborative project
By Loulla-Mae Eleftheriou-Smith, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 20 November 2012 09:52AM
Rainey Kelly Campbell Roalfe/Y&R has invited three digital and tech start-ups to take up temporary residence in the agency in return for collaboration on projects across the agency's accounts.
The agency describes the project, dubbed Spark Plug, as a value-exchange initiative. It plans for the three start-ups to stay for a fixed term of around six months, before the opportunity gets opened up to other start-ups.
The three start-ups are Crane.tv, an online video magazine for contemporary culture whose commercial arm, Cult, specialises in branded entertainment and editorially driven marketing; Evrythng, a software company that allows products to become "smart" by connecting them to the internet, and wireWAX, a video tool that lets users and content-owners add motion-tracking hotspots or tags to people and objects to create their own interactive experiences.
Ben Kay, chief executive of RKCR/Y&R, said: "Spark Plug is an initiative to support exciting digital entrepreneurship, but it isn't just altruism – it will allow us to broaden our skills and knowledge, explore exciting and innovative technologies, and create new, brilliant and diverse solutions for our clients."
Last month, the agency reorganised its senior management team in a move that saw Alison Hoad, joint chief executive with Ben Kay, return to her previous role of vice-chairman.
Kay, who is now the sole chief executive, was appointed to his role alongside Hoad in September last year, following the departure of Richard Exon.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Account Director - £70k - Creative - TV & all TTL Source £50000 - £70000 per annum, London
- Digital / Print Designer - Fashion - London - £30,000 Red Sofa London £25000 - £30000 per annum, London
- Digital Designer - London - £25,000 - £32,000 Red Sofa London £25000 - £32000 per annum, London
- Senior Digital Project Manager Red Sofa London £45000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Digital Designer - Social - London £30,000 - £36,000 Red Sofa London £30000 - £36000 per annum, London
- Will.i.am clashes with Martin Sorrell over online ads in Cannes
- UK agencies win 7 Media Lions
- Twitter to embrace power of TV in UK ad campaign
- Martin Sorrell on the mega-media reviews: 'We can't remember anything like this'
- Aston Martin appoints WPP to global marketing account
- Black horse returns in new Lloyds Bank campaign