RKCR/Y&R entices tech start-ups into collaborative project
By Loulla-Mae Eleftheriou-Smith, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 20 November 2012 09:52AM
Rainey Kelly Campbell Roalfe/Y&R has invited three digital and tech start-ups to take up temporary residence in the agency in return for collaboration on projects across the agency's accounts.
The agency describes the project, dubbed Spark Plug, as a value-exchange initiative. It plans for the three start-ups to stay for a fixed term of around six months, before the opportunity gets opened up to other start-ups.
The three start-ups are Crane.tv, an online video magazine for contemporary culture whose commercial arm, Cult, specialises in branded entertainment and editorially driven marketing; Evrythng, a software company that allows products to become "smart" by connecting them to the internet, and wireWAX, a video tool that lets users and content-owners add motion-tracking hotspots or tags to people and objects to create their own interactive experiences.
Ben Kay, chief executive of RKCR/Y&R, said: "Spark Plug is an initiative to support exciting digital entrepreneurship, but it isn't just altruism – it will allow us to broaden our skills and knowledge, explore exciting and innovative technologies, and create new, brilliant and diverse solutions for our clients."
Last month, the agency reorganised its senior management team in a move that saw Alison Hoad, joint chief executive with Ben Kay, return to her previous role of vice-chairman.
Kay, who is now the sole chief executive, was appointed to his role alongside Hoad in September last year, following the departure of Richard Exon.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Digital Sales Manager MediaMigo Recruitment imited Up to £50k basic + comms + benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Design, The Labour Party The Labour Party £41,156 per annum with an annual fixed sum allowance of £988, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Director MediaMigo Recruitment imited £50-60k dep on experience + benefits , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Upper Midweight Designer Source £35000 - £40000 per annum, London
- Bid Manager EMR | Specialist Marketing Recruitment £35000 - £50000 per annum, Birmingham
- Black horse returns in new Lloyds Bank campaign
- Geometry Dubai hands over Cannes Grand Prix amid controversy
- Cannes 2015: Highlights from the Campaign beach party
- UK wins four gold Film Lions
- Watch: Every Grand Prix winner from Cannes Lions 2015
- 'You're thirsty. We've got sales targets', says Oasis in summer campaign launch