Burson-Marsteller recruits Kate Hawker to lead health team
prweek.com, Tuesday, 20 November 2012 09:43AM
Burson-Marsteller has hired a former Fleishman-Hillard partner as EMEA health MD, as it seeks to strengthen links between international healthcare networks.
Kate Hawker joins as MD and chair of both the EMEA and UK healthcare practices, to forge links within the global organisation to deal with a centralising comms market.
Hawker said: ‘What is always going to sell Burson-Marsteller to companies is its network. We need to look at firms that need an agency with a global footprint.
‘Some firms are applying a centralised model to their marketing now, consolidating their team and leading the planning from one market. If you are that kind of company, we are a good fit.
‘It is about making sure the network is working efficiently – we can really capitalise on that if we have a good working relationship between EMEA, the US and the UK.’
Hawker comes to B-M from working as business development director at InforMed. She replaces Jennifer Garratt, who left her role as head of the UK practice to join Reynolds-MacKenzie as director and head of international operations in July.
Hawker launched start-up medical comms company Medea, now part of InforMed. In 2000, she founded The Remedy, a medical education agency that was sold to Fleishman-Hillard’s healthcare practice in 2006.
B-M’s EMEA CEO Jeremy Galbraith said: ‘Kate has a track record in pharma comms spanning 25 years, including winning and directing pan-European medical comms and PR programmes. Her talent and experience makes her perfectly suited to lead our regional healthcare practice.’
This article was first published on prweek.com
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Account Manager/ Comms Planner Dot-Gap £35k, Central London
- PPC Executive - Leading Digital Marketing Agency Ultimate Asset £23000 - £28000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Account Director - FMCG & Retail to £55k Network Career Consultants £48000 - £55000 per annum, City of London
- Account Director - B2B & B2C to £65k Network Career Consultants £55000 - £65000 per annum, City of London
- Cobra introduces bra-making brewer 'The Boss'
- Anti-slavery charity creates '12 Years a Slave' tactical ad after Oscar win
- Majority of 15m Twitter users in the UK follow a newspaper
- Hooch appoints More and MJ Media for Keith Lemon campaign
- Birds Eye kicks off £60m pan-Euro campaign
- OgilvyOne loses BA business