McCann out of global HSBC pitch
McCann Erickson is out of the pitch for HSBC's £400m global advertising business, which it said was due to pitching for another unnamed global bank.
The agency was one of five shortlisted by HSBC, along with BBDO, Grey, Saatchi & Saatchi and the incumbent, JWT.
Sources close to HSBC claimed the agency was asked to drop out because of recent changes to its management team.
It leaves McCann parent company IPG without a role in the contest, which is now between the two WPP shops, Omnicom and Publicis Groupe.
A McCann spokesperson said: "It was a mutual agreement with HSBC that we decided to pull out of the pitch. We’re in a pitch with another global bank."
The spokesperson denied the decision was related to IPG’s replacement of McCann Worldgroup chief executive Nick Brien with Harris Diamond last week.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Managing Director - Equity potential DU Group £120,000 - £150,000, South Oxfordshire
- M/W Designer Pitch Consultants £20000 - £25000 per annum, West Midlands
- Web UI Developer Digital Gurus £30000 - £40000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- E-commerce Consultant JM Digital £40000 - £65000 per annum, City of London
- Account Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment GBP26000 - GBP32000 per annum, London
- Blippar connects disjointed families, says MEC executive
- Campaign Viral Chart: Samsung scores hat-trick in tech-heavy chart
- Heinz brings back invisible bottle of tomato ketchup
- Polycell gets cheeky in crack-filler campaign
- Initiative scoops Amazon global media business
- Marks & Spencer loses AdWords battle to Interflora