McCann out of global HSBC pitch
By Daniel Farey-Jones, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 20 November 2012 09:51AM
McCann Erickson is out of the pitch for HSBC's £400m global advertising business, which it said was due to pitching for another unnamed global bank.
The agency was one of five shortlisted by HSBC, along with BBDO, Grey, Saatchi & Saatchi and the incumbent, JWT.
Sources close to HSBC claimed the agency was asked to drop out because of recent changes to its management team.
It leaves McCann parent company IPG without a role in the contest, which is now between the two WPP shops, Omnicom and Publicis Groupe.
A McCann spokesperson said: "It was a mutual agreement with HSBC that we decided to pull out of the pitch. We’re in a pitch with another global bank."
The spokesperson denied the decision was related to IPG’s replacement of McCann Worldgroup chief executive Nick Brien with Harris Diamond last week.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Account Manager, FMCG, Richmond Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £35000 - £48000 per annum, Benefits: +Fantastic benefits, Richmond upon Thames
- Online Analytics Manager, Telecoms, Slough Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £65000 per annum, Benefits: +Fantastic benefits, Slough
- Digital Strategist - iconic luxury brand - £55K-£65K Bamboo Crowd £55K-£65K, London (Greater)
- Social & Digital Director - iconic luxury brand - £50K-£55K Bamboo Crowd £50K-£55K, London (Greater)
- Web Designer | Junior / Midweight Nu Creative Talent Negotiable, London