McCann out of global HSBC pitch
By Daniel Farey-Jones, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 20 November 2012 09:51AM
McCann Erickson is out of the pitch for HSBC's £400m global advertising business, which it said was due to pitching for another unnamed global bank.
The agency was one of five shortlisted by HSBC, along with BBDO, Grey, Saatchi & Saatchi and the incumbent, JWT.
Sources close to HSBC claimed the agency was asked to drop out because of recent changes to its management team.
It leaves McCann parent company IPG without a role in the contest, which is now between the two WPP shops, Omnicom and Publicis Groupe.
A McCann spokesperson said: "It was a mutual agreement with HSBC that we decided to pull out of the pitch. We’re in a pitch with another global bank."
The spokesperson denied the decision was related to IPG’s replacement of McCann Worldgroup chief executive Nick Brien with Harris Diamond last week.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Account Manager Gemini Search £24000 - £28000 per annum, London
- Senior Account Manager Kingsgate Recruitment Up to £40,000 plus bonus and benefits, London (East), London (Greater)
- Sorrell warns of Scotland becoming an 'outlier' and the UK 'diminished' by a Yes vote
- Sometimes collaboration, not innovation, can be the key to winning campaigns
- Virgin Trains spends £8 million on advertising to refocus on its brand
- WPP challenges Govt review
- Domino's Pizza launches TV ad for cheese and smokey bacon stuffed crust
- Hovis appoints Mother to ad account