EasyJet posts record annual profits of £317m
EasyJet, the low-cost airline, has registered annual pre-tax profits at a record level of £317m, after a 27.9% year-on-year increase.
Total revenue grew by 11.6% to £3.85bn, while revenue per seat grew by 5.9% to £58.51. Unit fuel costs increased by £182m.
The airline stated this increase in revenue per seat has been driven by improvements to easyJet.com and the success of the brand's "Europe by easyJet" marketing campaign, among other factors. EasyJet launched the second phase of its campaign, called 'Holiday moments', last month.
Carolyn McCall, chief executive of easyJet, said: "These results demonstrate that easyJet is a structural winner in the European short-haul market against both legacy and low cost competition.
"The strength of easyJet's business model and strategy coupled with the hard work and dedication of the easyJet team has delivered record profits as well as a significant increase in returns for shareholders during the year.
"While there is always the potential for unexpected events to temporarily impact financial results the Board of easyJet is confident that its business model, strategy and people will consistently continue to generate superior returns and growth for shareholders."Follow @loullamae_es
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Exhibition Designers WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package dependant upon experience, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Producer WRG Live Competitve salary and benefits package dependent upon experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Content Manager WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Account Director - B2B and IT David Thatcher Recruitment £45-55k, West London, M40 Corridor
- Dealer consultant / regional marketing manager - automotive David Thatcher Recruitment c£35k + car, South Buckinghamshire
- Macmillan defends hijacking ice bucket challenge
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- Game Of Thrones actress stars in online Karen Millen campaign
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Uncle Ben's launches YouTube cooking show