Stelios launches fastjet airline with digital push
Fastjet, the low-cost African airline backed by Sir Stelios Haji-Ioannou, has rolled out a digital marketing campaign to mark this week's launch.
Digital agency Bozboz has built fastjet’s site, www.fastjet.com, which is mobile-ready and features the company’s distinctive yellow branding and an African Grey parrot.
The low-cost airline launched this week as Sir Stelios sought to replicate the success he achieved with easyJet.
Bozboz has created a 12-month content strategy for the brand, targeting middle-class consumers in Africa who are looking for low-cost air travel and focusing on social media activity across Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.
Fastjet began selling tickets in Tanzania earlier this month and will roll out across Kenya and Uganda later.
Haji-Ioannou revealed plans for fastjet in September last year, when he unveiled a holding site for the brand, which stated, "coming soon". In December the businessman signed a deal with investment company Rubicon Diversified Investments to develop an aircraft business model for Africa.
Haji-Ioannou's easyGroup Holdings owns 5% of fastjet and has the option to acquire another 10%. He is also a director of the airline.Follow @loullamae_es
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Deputy Creative Director - Integrated/shopper agency The Industry Club London Ltd £75,000, London (Greater)
- Marketing Executive Salt £28000 - £30000 per annum, Oxfordshire
- Data Planner Dynamic New Alliances £25000.00 - £30000.00 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Client Services Manager The Little Black Book Agency £30000 - £40000 per annum, Greater Manchester
- Senior Brand Consultant Rare Selection £75 - £100K + benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Virgin Holidays launches digital Caribbean push
- Yahoo appoints Marc Bignell as head of trading for the EMEA region
- Captain Morgan Facebook ad banned for suggesting alcohol conquers boredom
- McCann picked to resurrect Homepride's Fred
- Radio Times: 50 years of Doctor Who covers
- McDonald's marks 40 years with charity ad