Stelios launches fastjet airline with digital push
Fastjet, the low-cost African airline backed by Sir Stelios Haji-Ioannou, has rolled out a digital marketing campaign to mark this week's launch.
Digital agency Bozboz has built fastjet’s site, www.fastjet.com, which is mobile-ready and features the company’s distinctive yellow branding and an African Grey parrot.
The low-cost airline launched this week as Sir Stelios sought to replicate the success he achieved with easyJet.
Bozboz has created a 12-month content strategy for the brand, targeting middle-class consumers in Africa who are looking for low-cost air travel and focusing on social media activity across Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.
Fastjet began selling tickets in Tanzania earlier this month and will roll out across Kenya and Uganda later.
Haji-Ioannou revealed plans for fastjet in September last year, when he unveiled a holding site for the brand, which stated, "coming soon". In December the businessman signed a deal with investment company Rubicon Diversified Investments to develop an aircraft business model for Africa.
Haji-Ioannou's easyGroup Holdings owns 5% of fastjet and has the option to acquire another 10%. He is also a director of the airline.Follow @loullamae_es
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Exhibition Designers WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package dependant upon experience, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Producer WRG Live Competitve salary and benefits package dependent upon experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Content Manager WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Account Director Dot-Gap £60k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Planning Director Dot-Gap £60k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Macmillan defends hijacking ice bucket challenge
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- Game Of Thrones actress stars in online Karen Millen campaign
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Uncle Ben's launches YouTube cooking show