Campaign Media Awards 2012 - Grand Prix: Mediacom
campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 22 November 2012 08:00AM
The Campaign Media Grand Prix goes to the agency that has notched up the highest tally of winning entries, highly commended entries and finalist entries from this year's submissions.
In the end, it was a close run competition but MediaCom’s all-round strong performance nudged it ahead of the pack.
The agency scooped the winner’s prize in the Grocery, Soft Drinks and Household category with its work for Dolmio. MediaCom unearthed the insight that children who have grown their own fruit and veg eat 1.5 times more of these nutritious foods than those who have not. This led to a campaign idea centered on getting families growing together, fronted by Dolmio’s Papa puppet, already familiar from the brand’s advertising. Value sales for Dolmio increased by 8.5 per cent year on year.
MediaCom’s Nikon "I Am Hollyoaks"
three-way sponsorship deal with Channel 4 and Asda came top of the IT & Consumer Durables category, and Nikon’s Coolpix range doubled its market share over the course of the campaign.
In addition, MediaCom was highly commended for Best Use of Research and Best Total Communications for its Metropolitan Police and Dolmio campaigns respectively, and was a finalist in four other categories.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Exhibition Designers WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package dependant upon experience, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Producer WRG Live Competitve salary and benefits package dependent upon experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Content Manager WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- SEO Account Manager Dot-Gap £35k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Macmillan defends hijacking ice bucket challenge
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- Game Of Thrones actress stars in online Karen Millen campaign
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Uncle Ben's launches YouTube cooking show