Campaign Media Awards 2012 - Grand Prix: Mediacom
campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 22 November 2012 08:00AM
The Campaign Media Grand Prix goes to the agency that has notched up the highest tally of winning entries, highly commended entries and finalist entries from this year's submissions.
In the end, it was a close run competition but MediaCom’s all-round strong performance nudged it ahead of the pack.
The agency scooped the winner’s prize in the Grocery, Soft Drinks and Household category with its work for Dolmio. MediaCom unearthed the insight that children who have grown their own fruit and veg eat 1.5 times more of these nutritious foods than those who have not. This led to a campaign idea centered on getting families growing together, fronted by Dolmio’s Papa puppet, already familiar from the brand’s advertising. Value sales for Dolmio increased by 8.5 per cent year on year.
MediaCom’s Nikon "I Am Hollyoaks"
three-way sponsorship deal with Channel 4 and Asda came top of the IT & Consumer Durables category, and Nikon’s Coolpix range doubled its market share over the course of the campaign.
In addition, MediaCom was highly commended for Best Use of Research and Best Total Communications for its Metropolitan Police and Dolmio campaigns respectively, and was a finalist in four other categories.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Digital Project Director - specialist integrated agency JEFFERSON £60-75k plus benefits dependent on experience, Based just outside Kingston Upon Thames
- Director Business Development - TRAVEL- HOTELS Ultimate Asset £60000 - £80000 per annum + BONUS & BENEFITS, City of London
- The rear of the Apple Watch is more interesting than the face
- Channel 4 to drop 4oD for digital service All 4
- Guardian launches three-tier membership scheme
- FT to reveal first design overhaul in seven years
- David Hasselhoff to join Sorrell, Naughton and Shing at IAB Engage 2014
- Sky boosts Sky AdSmart's targeting capabilities for advertisers