Campaign Media Awards 2012 - Campaign of the year: Ikea
campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 22 November 2012 08:00AM
Vizeum's brief was to make the Ikea brand synonymous with bedroom furniture and drive double-digit growth in bedroom furniture sales.
- Title: Ikea Happy To Bed
- Media Agency: Vizeum
The agency’s research uncovered the importance people place on a good night’s sleep and the role that a regular night-time routine and a sensible bedtime play in making people happy.
An impactful, yet friendly, "call to inaction" was devised to prompt consumers, at relevant times, to go "Happy To Bed", as symbolised by the Happy To Bed clock, reminiscent of the old BBC TV clock.
On Channel 4, Vizeum ran an ad campaign that secured the ten-second spot closest to 10.30pm every night for 20 weeks. To create the illusion of a "live" clock, 25 versions of the ad were made and the team worked closely with C4’s traffic department.
On Absolute Radio, Ikea sponsored Mark Crossley’s bedtime show and Vizeum created an audio Happy To Bed clock, broadcast at 10.30pm every night from Mondays to Thursdays.
The campaign was supported with a Happy To Bed mobile app, while paid-for search and SEO built the sleep associations further and drove people towards Ikea’s Happy To Bed experience online.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Exhibition Designers WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package dependant upon experience, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Producer WRG Live Competitve salary and benefits package dependent upon experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Content Manager WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Retail Store Designer Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £30000 - £33000 per annum + bonus and benefits, London
- Macmillan defends hijacking ice bucket challenge
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- Game Of Thrones actress stars in online Karen Millen campaign
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Uncle Ben's launches YouTube cooking show