Campaign Media Awards 2012 - Best IT & Consumer Durables Campaign: Nikon Coolpix
campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 22 November 2012 08:00AM
The challenge was to encourage young people to consider the Nikon Coolpix compact camera, even though they might have a smartphone that takes photographs.
- Title: I Am Hollyoaks
- Media agency: MediaCom
- Media director: n/s
- Media planner: Phil Jameson
- Creative agency: Doner
- Account planner: n/s
- Client: Nikon UK
- Brand/product: Coolpix
- Marketing director: Jeremy Gilbert
- Brand manager: Claudia Paul
The strategy was based around the idea that the photos you take tell a powerful story about the character that you want to project; to make this resonate, the strategy tapped into youth’s obsession with celebrity.
Supermarket distribution was essential to achieving a successful sales period, so MediaCom created a partnership between Hollyoaks characters, Asda and Nikon. Buyers of Hollyoaks-branded cameras distributed in Asda could win a part in the Channel 4 show.
Sales of the cameras through Asda increased by 332 per cent over the course of the campaign.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Marketing Assistant - 6 Month Contract - Richmond Ninesharp Negotiable, Richmond upon Thames
- Project Manager Dynamic New Alliances £28000.00 - £36000.00 per annum, City of London
- FT to reveal first design overhaul in seven years
- Philips launches campaign for app-controlled lightbulbs
- 5 key trends from Dmexco 2014
- Notonthehighstreet.com launches brand campaign
- Bosch secures sponsorship deal with Channel 4's Sunday Brunch
- Publicis boss Maurice Lévy to step down in 2017 amid board shake-up