Campaign Media Awards 2012 - Best IT & Consumer Durables Campaign: Nikon Coolpix
campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 22 November 2012 08:00AM
The challenge was to encourage young people to consider the Nikon Coolpix compact camera, even though they might have a smartphone that takes photographs.
- Title: I Am Hollyoaks
- Media agency: MediaCom
- Media director: n/s
- Media planner: Phil Jameson
- Creative agency: Doner
- Account planner: n/s
- Client: Nikon UK
- Brand/product: Coolpix
- Marketing director: Jeremy Gilbert
- Brand manager: Claudia Paul
The strategy was based around the idea that the photos you take tell a powerful story about the character that you want to project; to make this resonate, the strategy tapped into youth’s obsession with celebrity.
Supermarket distribution was essential to achieving a successful sales period, so MediaCom created a partnership between Hollyoaks characters, Asda and Nikon. Buyers of Hollyoaks-branded cameras distributed in Asda could win a part in the Channel 4 show.
Sales of the cameras through Asda increased by 332 per cent over the course of the campaign.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- New Business Manager Gemini Search £45000.00 - £65000.00 per annum + car allowance, London
- Existing Sales & Promo Planner - NowTV Major Players £40000 - £45000 per annum, London
- Art Director Major Players £35000 - £42000 per annum, London
- Senior Digital Editor Major Players £250 - £300 per day, London
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%
- Kevin Bacon, Google Glass and Julian Assange: the SXSW weekend in tweets
- International Women's Day: "my gender is irrelevant" says Lisa Thomas
- Starcom MediaVest wins spice brand's multi-million euro account
- Omnicom Media Group buys Mobile5
- International Women's Day: 'I want to be me' says Mel Cruickshank