Campaign Media Awards - Best Transport Campaign: Citroën
campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 22 November 2012 08:00AM
Car buyers were losing interest in Citroën and OMD's brief was to renew interest in the brand and find a way to showcase the Citroën DS5 experience to captivate potential buyers.
- Title: Citroën 5 Star Experience
- Media agency: OMD UK
- Media director: Richard Evans
- Media planner: n/s
- Creative agency: Drum
- Account planner: Max Ward
- Client: Citroën
- Brand/product: Citroën DS5
- Marketing director: Jules Tilstone
- Brand manager: Helen Bradshaw
The strategy created a virtual test drive to bring the Citroën experience to the target audience, with the new DS5 the perfect vehicle to achieve that.
OMD’s "star experience" campaign launched with a Facebook competition to recruit Citroën fans to take part in a road trip through the South of France. This real-life test drive by five winners was filmed, and online promotions around where people were searching for relevant car content drove consumers to view the film online. The film was also broadcast at art-house cinemas around the country.
Two million people viewed the test drive film, there was a 350 per cent increase in the volume of the brand being talked about on Facebook and Citroën DS5 has been the most heavily subscribed Citroën model for test drives so far.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Social Engagement Manager Dot-Gap £40k, London Central
- Media Planning Account Manager Lipton Fleming £30000 per annum, London
- Agency Account Executive - truly exciting multi-solution sell Ultimate Asset £35000 - £40000 per annum + Bonus + great benefits, West End
- Agency Group Head - exciting real-time social platform! Ultimate Asset £60000 - £70000 per annum + bonus, West End
- HEAD OF PROJECTS - DIGITAL AGENCY Live Recruitment Negotiable, City of London
- Will.i.am clashes with Martin Sorrell over online ads in Cannes
- Twitter to embrace power of TV in UK ad campaign
- Martin Sorrell on the mega-media reviews: 'We can't remember anything like this'
- Black horse returns in new Lloyds Bank campaign
- Aston Martin appoints WPP to global marketing account
- Geometry Dubai hands over Cannes Grand Prix amid controversy