Campaign Media Awards - Best Transport Campaign: Citroën
campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 22 November 2012 08:00AM
Car buyers were losing interest in Citroën and OMD's brief was to renew interest in the brand and find a way to showcase the Citroën DS5 experience to captivate potential buyers.
- Title: Citroën 5 Star Experience
- Media agency: OMD UK
- Media director: Richard Evans
- Media planner: n/s
- Creative agency: Drum
- Account planner: Max Ward
- Client: Citroën
- Brand/product: Citroën DS5
- Marketing director: Jules Tilstone
- Brand manager: Helen Bradshaw
The strategy created a virtual test drive to bring the Citroën experience to the target audience, with the new DS5 the perfect vehicle to achieve that.
OMD’s "star experience" campaign launched with a Facebook competition to recruit Citroën fans to take part in a road trip through the South of France. This real-life test drive by five winners was filmed, and online promotions around where people were searching for relevant car content drove consumers to view the film online. The film was also broadcast at art-house cinemas around the country.
Two million people viewed the test drive film, there was a 350 per cent increase in the volume of the brand being talked about on Facebook and Citroën DS5 has been the most heavily subscribed Citroën model for test drives so far.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Account Director Major Players £45000 - £55000 per annum, London
- Marketing Coordinator /Communication Production Assistant - Mar Regan & Dean Recruitment Limited £25000 - £32000 per annum + excellent benefits, City of London
- Marketing Executive - Marketing Communications Regan & Dean Recruitment Limited £25000 - £32000 per annum + excellent benefits, London
- Digital Account Executive Twist Recruitment £19000 - £22000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Majority of 15m Twitter users in the UK follow a newspaper
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- International Women's Day: 'You make your own luck' says Cheryl Giovannoni
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%