Campaign Media Awards - Best Transport Campaign: Citroën
campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 22 November 2012 08:00AM
Car buyers were losing interest in Citroën and OMD's brief was to renew interest in the brand and find a way to showcase the Citroën DS5 experience to captivate potential buyers.
- Title: Citroën 5 Star Experience
- Media agency: OMD UK
- Media director: Richard Evans
- Media planner: n/s
- Creative agency: Drum
- Account planner: Max Ward
- Client: Citroën
- Brand/product: Citroën DS5
- Marketing director: Jules Tilstone
- Brand manager: Helen Bradshaw
The strategy created a virtual test drive to bring the Citroën experience to the target audience, with the new DS5 the perfect vehicle to achieve that.
OMD’s "star experience" campaign launched with a Facebook competition to recruit Citroën fans to take part in a road trip through the South of France. This real-life test drive by five winners was filmed, and online promotions around where people were searching for relevant car content drove consumers to view the film online. The film was also broadcast at art-house cinemas around the country.
Two million people viewed the test drive film, there was a 350 per cent increase in the volume of the brand being talked about on Facebook and Citroën DS5 has been the most heavily subscribed Citroën model for test drives so far.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Planner, Top Direct Marketing/Digital Agency London Direct Recruitment £35,000-£42,000, London (Greater)
- Senior Planner, Direct Marketing /CRM Agency, London Direct Recruitment £70,000-100,000, London (Greater)
- CRM Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 per annum, South West England
- Head Of Strategy & Consumer Insight Ball & Hoolahan £75,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South West England
- Merchandising Assistant Ball & Hoolahan £29,500, London (Central), London (Greater)